ix. 𝓕𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.

"𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃,
𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄, 𝐓𝐎𝐎

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔

𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔."

ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

          "𝓟sst, Jaylanie?" Jaylanie felt someone poking her side, trying to wake her up, but she wasn't budging. They began shaking her shoulders gently. Nothing. "For heaven's sake, Jaylanie!" They whispered, slapping her face softly, and finally, she woke up. "What in the actual fuck do you want? You're gonna wake up Ingi."

She turned her face and was met with Loki, looking down at her with a soft smile and her expression softened. "Come with me,"

"Loki, I'm tired, can this wait 'til later?" Jaylanie protested, bringing her hand up to gently caress his face in hopes he'll let her sleep. He kissed the palm of her hand and continued to ask. "Darling, c'mon, please? Just for a few minutes," 𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙚, 𝙞 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙧. Jaylanie thought about it for a few, giving in with a huff. "This better be worth it." She slid off the couch, leaving Ingi with a sleeping Hulk.

Loki grabbed her hand, slowly creeping their way out of the room and into the hallway that led to the very back of the spaceship, passing countless rooms that held Asgardians who were sound asleep. Something Jaylanie should be doing.

They reached a door and he opened it, revealing a massive window overseeing the galaxy — the bright colors and stars were enough to instantly lift her mood. She was still groggy, but happy.

listen to the song above while reading this section. <3

Loki came up from behind her, placing a small, black record player on the ground before the soft melody of one of her favorite songs began playing. "How'd you know about this song? And where did you find that?" She asked, pointing at the record player. "I'll explain later," he told her, taking her hands and placing them loosely around his neck, but she was far too short for that so, she wrapped them around his waist. She was far more comfortable in that position anyway. "But for now, let's just enjoy—"

Loki was cut off by the rapid sounds of small feet running towards them. "Mommy?" Ingi called out, rubbing his eyes. Jaylanie looked over at him as he stretched out his arm for her to pick him up and she did. "Where's your uncle Hulk?" He didn't answer, instead, he placed his head upon her shoulder, falling into a deep sleep. "Got room for one more?" Loki nodded, smiling down at Jaylanie, and he wrapped his arms around the two as they began to sway to the music, laying her head on his chest.

Jaylanie didn't think she'd fall for Loki so soon, but he just made it extremely easy for her. And even though he's done questionable things in the past, shes learned to see past that. She truly thinks he's a changed man. "The Grandmaster told me you liked this song. He even gave me the sound machine and the black disc on it. I don't know what either of those things are, but I'm assuming you like them. It's quite fascinating, really. What's it called?"

"It's called a record player and a vinyl. The record player is the sound machine and the vinyl is the black disc." She explained.

"I have a lot to learn about Midgardian terms," he chuckled, his finger gently tracing shapes along her back. Loki has never been the affectionate type, at least not to her since they were enemies at one point, but she loved this side of him. She just hoped he wouldn't shut her out and continue to be enemies.

"Baby gone!" Hulk cried out, stomping his way over to the trio, causing a ruckus. "Hulk, shh! He's right here," Loki pulled away so she can turn around and show Hulk that Ingi was fine. He calmed down, making grabby-hands. "I take baby." He gently grabbed Ingi, walking back to where their room was. "Now, where were we?" Jaylanie wrapped her arms around his waist once again, looking up at the God of Mischief. There was a glimmer in his eye shes never seen before — they held hope and love. "The look of love" her mother used to call it.

Loki cupped her face in his hands, brushing his thumbs lightly on the apples of her cheeks. "May I?" He asked her. Jaylanie knew what he was referring to and nodded. He began to lean down and ultimately, pressed his lips against hers. Jaylanie's had partners in her lifetime, shes had her fair share of kisses, but none of them compared to Loki's.

She felt as if she were floating on air. The scene was straight out of a movie — the beautiful colors of the galaxy, the music, everything. It was everything she hoped for.

She'll never be able to listen to that song ever again.

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎!

𝚒 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚛/𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛.
𝚒 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘𝚘! <𝟹

-𝚓. 🪐