x. 𝓣𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖, 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐈'𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐘

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐈'𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐘."

ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

          𝓘ngi trembled in Jaylanie's arms as they huddled in a corner of their spaceship that had now been invaded. Half of the Asgardian population was dead, thanks to Thanos and his army of minions. The refugee ship they were in was up in flames, electrical wires sparking, lifeless bodies everywhere, whimpering could be heard from the Asgardians who have yet to die but were on the brink to.

"Hear me and rejoice," said an alien who resembled a squid — tall, lanky body, grey skin, no nose, walked as if they were the king of the world. "You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You make think this is suffering. No, it is salvation. The universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice." Thanos walked around, stepping over the dead bodies that laid on the floor, making his way over to where his minions were and where Loki was standing before him.

"Smile," the alien continued. "For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos."

Something was telling Jaylanie that she shouldn't have trusted Loki — this was all Loki's fault. She didn't know for sure, but it was a feeling she couldn't shake off ever since she saw the spaceship an hour prior.

"I know what it's like to lose," Thanos said, his deep voice booming throughout the entire area. "To feel so desperately that you're right," Ingi's eyes were shut tightly as she fixed the position of his body and he won't have to see any more than he already has. Jaylanie turned his small body around so his back was now facing the crowd, laying his head upon her shoulder as she wrapped her arms protectively around him. "Yet to fail, nonetheless." Thanos picked up Thor by his armor, dragging him towards where Loki was, standing in front of him. "It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. But I ask you, to what end? Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say, I am." He lifted his left arm, revealing a gauntlet with a single violet stone in it. An infinity stone. More specifically, the Power Stone.

Jaylanie couldn't do anything to help because one, she had a child in her arms who is now traumatized for life and she had to protect him, and two, Thanos has already spared her life as well as Ingi's and she couldn't jeopardize that.