At Last

I couldn't tell Maudie last night, she was sound asleep on the loveseat with her book. I put a quilt on her to stay warm and went to my room.
Insomnia of course,  but I'm not surprised. I starred at my ceiling and paced the room about a hundred times. I noticed the sun rising in the corner of my eye and decided to just get breakfast started. Maudie was still in the living room asleep. Wake up soon please! I need to tell you everything!!
I put the kettle on and decided to go on a walk for a bit while I waited for the water to boil. 
After putting on my yellow floral dress and brown cardigan, I started my walk. 
It was very peaceful this morning. Birds were singing and everyone was still asleep, other than the working folk. 
Atticus' house was in view, I cleared my throat and turned quickly due to feeling light headed again. I'm going to enjoy this walk. Thoughts of a man-even a wonderful man...Will not ruin my morning! I tried to continue to say this to myself not being aware of where I was going. 

*Bump* "Oh I'm so sorry!" My hands went up and I quickly fixed my dress.
"Eh-hello Y/N" I looked up and of course it was Atticus. He fixed his glasses and seemed on edge. 
"Oh Atticus! Good Morning" I tried to hide my nerves. "I see that you're on a morning walk to-" 
"Yes I was on my way to talk to you. Would  you mind if we walked together?" He extended his arm to lead the way. My legs felt weak but I took a step forward hoping I wouldn't fall. "Of course" After we started walking for awhile, I glanced at him waiting to hear what he was wanting to say to me but he was looking up at the sky and everywhere else but at me. 
"Atticus?" "Hm?" "You said you wanted to speak with me?" He finally looked at me and smiled "Yes. Um...you see-" He lead me to a forest area I haven't been before. He looked around as if someone was following us. 
"About last night." I looked at the grass and leaned against a tree. "I see" "Yes, it was wrong of me to raise my voice at you and I feel terrible. It is my duty not only as a lawyer but as a Father and a man to straighten things out the way they should be in an appropriate manner. I didn't do this and I was hoping that you would forgive me?" He looked straight into my eyes just like last night. I stopped breathing for a moment. I quickly swallowed and answered "There is nothing to forgive. All is well." He started walking towards while he rubbed the back of his neck. He slowly rested his right arm above my head against the tree. My heart was pounding. "You didn't do anything wrong, I would have acted the same way." "But there is something-" He was very close to me but I couldn't move away...nor did I want to. 
"I didn't do something that I should have..." His left hand tilted my head upwards while he shyly smirked. He started to lean forward but his smirk started to disappear. I looked down at his lips and leaned in, shocked by the notion. When our lips touched it was so perfect and tender. I gripped his shirt with both of my hands while he slowly wrapped his right arm around me while his left cupped my head. It was such a long kiss we both forgot to breathe. 
We parted for the next and I could feel Atticus smirking again, I did too. I never knew that I could be so happy than at this moment! I didn't want it to end and from what I could tell he didn't either. We stopped for a moment and look at each other while we laughed in agreement of how nervous we both were. 
I put both of my arms around his neck and we hugged while our faces were pressed together.
"I thought you would never kiss me."  He quickly kissed me again. "You don't have to wait anymore, I will kiss you until the stars turn cold" I giggled like a little girl while he kissed my cheeks and I played with his hair. 

We stayed for a few more minutes and then I remembered. 
"The kettle!" "What?" Atticus looked at me all confused. I fixed my hair and cardigan and started to run back home. Atticus still confused followed me into the house. 
Before entering the house I could hear Maudie in the kitchen. "Gracious! What were you trying to do?" "I'm sorry Maudie I wanted to surprise you with some tea but I-" Atticus stumbled in "She was with me." 
Maudie froze and looked at me then Atticus. She then pointed at us, "Both of you need to sit right now and explain yourselves." We started laughing as I grabbed his hand and sat down. 

*Again sorry that it's so short! School's been taking over my life but I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! I was fangirling while writing it haha!!*