Chapter 17: Surprise morning & unexpected meeting.

Katy's POV

"Kaaatyyy....." Shannon groans behind me while I'm rummaging my bag for my keys as I'm slightly pissed of her being so restless of complaining about that she's really tired and sleepy.

"Got it!" I muttered as I unlock the door of my car. It's getting late and I have to catch a flight to get there in time.

"Get in now, we have to go then." Shannon just shot me an exhausting face as she walks at the other side of my car. She gets in as I did also. "Why did you have to catch a flight if you could get one by tomorrow?" She questioned, buckling on her seatbelt.

I looked at her seriously. "Shan, i don't want to do it just for tomorrow if I can do it now." I said as I start the ignition.

Shannon huffs. "Really? Or you're just missing her and you're like a crazy person staring from nowhere just thinking about her." she comments as she crossed her arms.

"Awwwe... You jealous, Shan?" I said jokingly, poking her cheek.

"No, it's just a funny thing to see you like inspired again though it’s not a guy." She burst into laugh on her statement as I give her a scoffed.

"It's like I don't want to put her down." I chuckled. "...I've just called Gabby and she said that Emmanuelle was already sleeping so I've just asked her to send me their address." I said.

"You got it?"

"Yeah.." I nod.

***

I parked my car at the parking lot of the airport. I'm going to call Tamra about picking this tomorrow. We headed inside the airport and I was surprised that there's a bunch of paparazzi. Sh!t.

"Shan? How can we...--"

Shannon just grabbed my hand and walked through the swarm of paps. I covered my face with the scarf that hanging on my neck, covering my face while there's some flashing and some questions about me and John. Better ignore it.

"Shan..." I complain completely can't pull back as we are now passing the paps. As we passed them, I loosen the scarf and hanged it on my left arm as I sigh in relief but someone bumps me and curse under his breath. I did the same thing as I drop my scarf on the floor.

"See what I did?" Shannon said proudly states as she turns to me while I'm picking up my scarf.

"Sh!t." I said irritatedl-y.

The guy turn to face me, apologizing and helped me picked up my scarf as I look up and our eyes meets.

I froze at my place. In so many place and people around here, why Damian?

"Oh, uh...I-im so sorry. It was li-like...-" He stuttered nervously as he was pointing his thump at the paps outside.

"I've never thought you're here." He added and smiles, showing his charming eyes.

"I-i ah...It’s okay. Me too I didn't see you."  I said. I'm caught again on his eyes.

We both start to stare at each other and like there's something that I feel that I wanted to feel again but I can't explain it for now. The way he stares at me, seems like the same the first time I met him.

"Hellooooo! Mind you two that I'm here?" Shannon interrupts as Damian broke the contact.

"Oh, hi Damian! What's up? Why are you here?" Shannon asked straight-ly as I eyed her to shut her mouth.

Damian chuckled as he grabs the strap of his backpack. "I'm catching a flight to West Virginia. I'm going to visit a family friend." He explained. "Looks like you're going somewhere too." he added.