Chapter 18: Awkward tense

"Yeah, it's not a good idea." Emman murmured as I heard it.

She stands up and waved at Damian. "I'm going to sing!" She volunteered.

My gosh, my child is saving my ass! Everyone on the table looked at her in shocked. Shannon drops her phone. "Are you kidding, kiddo?" Shannon questioned in disbelief.

Emman arrogantly tossed her head to the side and winked at us. "Don't worry I can handle it." She said confidently and started walking towards the stage as everyone in the place is clapping to her.

She grabs the mic and gave Damian a high five as she whispered something to him. Damian took a gaze at me, smiling as he nods. Maybe Emman explained to her about the situation.

"Well, hi everyone! So some of you knew me here, right?" Emman said to the mic as some people laugh at her and some called her name. "...I'm going to thicken my face to do this. It's my first time guys. I'm afraid but I'm going to do this!" She playfully shakes her body.

"That's my little sister!" Gabby shouts at the corner as Bonnie and Caroline chant together with her.

"Katy? She's really your child you don't have to deny it she's saving your ass!" Shannon said proudly.

"Yeah,.." Alaric said.

"Don't worry she can sing." Jenna chuckled.

I saw that Damian handed her the acoustic guitar. She put a capo on the first fret and strums it.

"Okay... This is for you Kate! Advance Merry Christmas though!" Emman said and started picking the strings of the guitar. "...we have 5 days before Christmas guys!" she added as everyone them greet her.

Oh no did I get to close
Oh Did I almost see what's really on the inside....

My heart stops like I can't believe she can play a guitar though I saw their video for me for my birthday. I know she can sing but witnessing this. Gosh! Shannon started to take a video of her. Emman sang it in her own version like in a lower version of my song and it sounds great to her.

I'm a proud mother, fangirling over my daughter.

***

Everyone is clapping merrily as Emman ended her performance. Some are chanting, whistling to her. My sight caught Gabby's side where her friends are standing as they clap their hands.

Emman gives the guitar to Damian as Damian instantly grabs it. He patted Emman's head as they both hug. Looks like I can't deny it now, they really have the same eyes but some features from me. There's a time when Damian watching Emman, he was like amused to her like something he really love her the way he put his gaze to Emman. If you knew Damian she's your child but I can't spit it out to you and I don't know how yet.

"Katy! She's really good! Amazing!" Shannon nudging me as my thoughts was interrupted by as I watch Emman running towards me.

I lower down my body to her height as she wraps her arms over my neck, embracing me tightly. I giggled in gladness on her act to me as she still clung on my neck. I rub her back. "You did great, you did great! I’m so proud of you, baby!" I said as I kissed her cheek.

Still, Emman is embracing me and it's like she doesn't have a plan to let go. I can feel her heartbeat against mine, beating fast; maybe she's anxious about performing above the stage. "Kate? Is it awful?" Emman said.

"No, it's perfect!" I said.

"The guts!..." she shrugged."...and that's for you, Kate." She said as she let go of her hug and face me.