ELLE UK

Harry Styles out and about in London with Zayn Malik and Gigi Hadid's daughter

The singer and actor assumed step-dad duties two years ago after rekindling the romance with his ex-fiancé.

BY KAT MACKEY

15/9/2027

To say that this is a development we all hoped for is an understatement. After a lengthy romantic relationship that ended weeks before their wedding, radio silence proceeded between Harry Styles (33) and Zayn Malik (34). More than two years ago now, the pair reunited at the wedding of their ex-bandmate in Ireland. Rumours sprung up soon after their reunion and they were right.

It took a couple of months for their newly reignited relationship to be confirmed but we got the reward at last - an Instagram photo of the couple on Christmas 2025. The shot of the pair and their two cats posing in front of their Christmas tree frankly broke the Internet. It was soon followed by another shot, this time with Malik's daughter, Amara (4), who was nearly three at the time, and was spending New Year's Eve with her father and his boyfriend.

Ever since then, we have been constantly anticipating the couple's next move. Taking their cancelled wedding into account, we have been on engagement-watch for a good while. Neither Styles nor Malik is very active on social media, giving us only glimpses of their professional projects and the occasional private photos, which are becoming quite rare. This is the perfect nesting ground for rumours.

Publications in the UK have been reporting lately that Styles could have recently cemented his place in Amara's life by the Step-Parent Parental Responsibility Agreement. Although Styles and Malik are not married (at least to our knowledge), this little piece of bureaucracy could make things easier for the pair with custody agreements. What is the truth, we do not know yet.

But back to our headline - yesterday morning, Styles was seen out and about in London with Amara, visiting various shops and having ice cream not far from the singer's Hampstead pad. They were mostly captured in an organic beauty store, where Styles was seen carrying Amara on his hip as she very enthusiastically gave him recommendations on products. The pair departed the store with Amara carrying her own little bag of stuff as well, beaming at her (sort of) step-dad.

In a recent interview with Vogue, Styles said this about his relationship with Amara: "You know, if you want to date someone, long-term, who already is a parent, you need to take it into account. They come as a unit, both of them. You need to be ready to love the child as your own, if you're serious about being with the person you're dating. There's just no other way around it. Kids deserve better than this person who's in their lives, with their parent, being passive-aggressive towards them when it stems from jealousy of the ex-partner. I never quite anticipated myself in this position, especially not with the man I've known for half of my life but life is unpredictable, it changes all the time. But some things don't actually change and you need to adapt. So that's what I did."

What about Amara's mother, the supermodel Gigi Hadid? We have been curious about this change in her daughter's life so we asked her about it when she was the cover star of ELLE earlier this year. She responded, saying: "Zayn and I have joint custody of Amara and I wanted her to have the best education and be close to the family that I wasn't as close as I wanted to, that's why the move to Europe. Also Zayn's family is here. I expected that at some point, he's going to start dating someone who will have to be in Amara's life. As long as Amara is happy, I don't have any problems with anything. That's just the way it is. She's around my fiancé too, so I try not to be hypocritical."

All seems well in the Styles-Malik-Hadid empire then! We strive to bring you updates about the couple that is getting more famous than the Beckhams as often as possible so make sure to follow us and sign up for our newsletter. In the meantime, check out the article's gallery and swoon over Harry Styles and Amara being generally adorable.

-------------------------------------------

MOMRRY IS HERE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! this is our LAST chapter sequence before the epilogue sequence so i do hope you enjoy these chapters :) love you guys!