Epilogue 1/3 - Vogue

Harry Styles and Zayn Malik Get Married in Italy

BY ELLIE MOLLING 30 JULY 2030

Take two on matrimony works out for the power couple. Five years after rekindling their romance, the popstar duo got married in an intimate ceremony in the south of Italy. Surrounded by their closest family and friends, the pair said "Yes" and the whole world cheered.

Keeping the ceremony quite secret, we don't have much information. The couple's reps have confirmed the union but the pair themselves kept it cheeky and didn't post anything on their social media accounts. We have seen bits and pieces shared on Instagram via their family and friends. From what we know, the ceremony and reception took place at a romantic resort with a view of the sea. The affair wasn't star-studded, the biggest names there being the grooms themselves.

While keeping the wedding fairly private, we slipped a question or two into our latest interview with Harry, supporting the editorial in our latest issue where you can see the popstar/actor with his co-stars from his latest film. In our 72 questions video, we chose three particular ones. The first one was "How was the wedding?", to which Harry cheekily replied with "Good." and moved along. Next: "Who dressed you for it?" and the answer didn't surprise us at all: "I had two looks, one for the ceremony, one for the reception. Both custom by Gucci.". And the last one: "How is married life for you?". This one got the longest reply out of all three: "Really good, I'd say. It's just lovely, isn't it? Having that kind of a commitment with someone. What can I say, I love love."

Check out the whole video below or on Vogue's official YouTube channel.

------------------------

A decent number of Harry's friends have called him a psycho for remaining friends with the majority of his exes. There's a very popular saying, that you stay friends after a breakup only if you're still in love or you've never been in love at all. Harry can very quickly disprove it. His theory is that you need a period of absolutely no contact to get the romance out of your system and if you truly liked or loved the person you had dated, you'll be just fine as friends because you still have mutual respect for each other. There had to be something other than sex bringing you together. So friendship after a breakup, in Harry's opinion, is the right way to go. Unless the breakup was disastrous of course.

So when Harry finds himself at a late lunch with Lucrecia and her baby daughter in an aggressively Christmas-y Manhattan, it's just normal friends stuff. They've seen quite a bit of each other recently since Harry has been in New York for almost two months now, filming. And it's been nice, it's been really nice. They're both married to different people now, Luc had another kid last year and the romance has been gone for quite a number of years now.

"So how's married life treating you?" Luc asks as she tries to feed Lena in her high chair that's set by their table. "You haven't been talking about it all that much."

"It's fine," Harry replies before drinking some water. "There hasn't been like, a huge change or anything. No great revelation. Life just goes on. We're just legally bound to each other and we wear matching rings on our left hands."

Luc frowns at him. "That's a pretty pessimistic outlook for Mr I love love."

"Why pessimistic?" Harry shrugs and digs into his salad again. "Just realistic, I'd say. I think I built up the idea of marriage in my head and now... it's still the same. I mean, we're still in love and all, but nothing has changed."

Luc hums and gets Lena to eat some broccoli at last. "When Wendy and I got married, I guess I felt similarly about it all. I think you're too busy to really notice the possible differences maybe."