Chapter 18

"T-thanks..."

Waking up the next day, Kuroko was surprised to find that he was woken by a ray of sunshine landing on his eyes rather than the usual nightmares.

It was a pleasant and happy discovery as he leaned over and about to kiss Kagami as thanks before pulling himself back.

"I forgot he doesn't like that..." he muttered before slipping out of the red head's arms and got up to make breakfast.

....

I should've gotten up when I had the chance.

WTF was that?

Back on Kuroko's bed, Kagami rolled over and covered his face as it was red. He was awake but didn't want to move and saw the whole ordeal happen.

Admittedly, he was a little upset when Kuroko didn't kiss him but he shook the thought out.

It was cute...

It was a little lonely without Kuroko in his arms but he felt glad to have not seen the nightmare reaction from before.

He didn't know why he was so comfortable holding another guy in his arms but he knew one thing, he didn't want to see a sight similar to when Kuroko huddled his knees in the shower, tears streaming down on his face again.

He could still remember how Kuroko's voice shook and how much his chest hurt when he couldn't do anything except hug the boy....

"Wake up!"

"Ouch!!!!!"

Pulling the covers aside to see Kuroko in his apron and empty frying pan, Kagami grinned and rolled out of bed before changing.

"Mornin'"

They ate together once again with Kagami taking the conversation lead before they looked at the time and panicked.

"Let's go!"

Rushing into the gym at lunch time, they saw a notice to go to the roof and were met by grinning faces of the older team members.

"About time you got here" Riko grinned and Kagami was already getting the chills and a bad feeling.

As it turns out, the second years tasked the first years with a challenge for getting some "highly sought after special bread" from the cafeteria.

The others struggled but eventually, Kuroko just got every order as he slipped into the crowd and payed for the bread.

"Kuroko deserves the first bite!" the other first years smile and that was the day Seirin learnt of Kuroko's facial expressions.

It was a face he's only used a few times in front of the others from Teiko so even Kagami was shocked

But it made the whole team relax as the change in expression reminded the others that Kuroko was just another first year, not an unemotional monster from a prestigious middle school.