Incomplete chapter 2

Incomplete: Two.

     "So this is your place?" Lyssa asked as i turned into the driveway, her close behind me.

     "Nothing fancy, but yeah, this is home-sweet-home." I smiled at her and took out my keys that were hanging on one of the back beltloops on my light blue jeans.

     I knew my parents weren't home, so once the door was unlocked and open, i led her into the kitchen. With them home i would've had to sneak into my room, or my mom would've hounded me for not finishing my assignment before i came home. I sighed and shook my head at the thought, and i guess Lyssa noticed. She watched me with a blank face before i managed to smile at her reassuringly.

     "Want something to eat?" I asked politely, opening the pantry and looking for something good i could give her.

     "No, i wouldn't want to eat up all your food...i mean, i already forced my way into your house," she stuck out her tongue, and i laughed. She smiled warmly at me.

     "Well my parent's are out," i informed her, hinting to the fridge. She looked at it curiously, then walked over and opened it.

     "Holy Jesus!" She yelled, leaning over to get a closer look at the giant, half-eaten cake inside. "Is this thing only made of chocolate?" I burst out laughing at her reaction.

     "Yeah, my birthday just passed," i took a deep breath so it'd be easier to talk without giggling, then continued, "my mom always buys these giant cakes that last for like 2 whole months. God only knows why." I rolled my eyes, but i don't think she saw it. She was too busy staring at the cake, drooling just a little.

     Normally i'd think that was gross, but on her it was...kind of completely adorable. I smiled wider.

     "Want some?"

     She looked up at me, hope shining in her eyes. I laughed again and motioned for her to go for it.

--

     Lyssa ended up eating only about two medium-sized pieces before clocking out.

     "Who knew i would think something is just too darn chocolatey - ME! Jake would've had a heart-attack..." she trailed off, giggling at something in her imagination.

     "Who's Jake?" I asked, genuinely curious.

     "He's my little brother - the little brat always makes fun of my obsession with chocolate!" She paused before adding, "But i still love him, anyway. He's so cute sometimes, you know?"

     My eyes clouded over, and i smiled a little sadly at her. "Yeah, i know."

     She just looked at me for a moment before breaking the silence with "want to tell me what's on your mind?"

     I shook my head and smiled at her, quickly deciding to change the subject.

     "You said you would help me get some inspiration for my assignment?" I asked her hopefully.

     "Oh, yeah! I almost forgot!" She smiled at me, then stood up and asked, "Where's your stereo?"

     "...huh?" What would that do?

     "Music, music! That's the key to inspiration!" She shouted proudly.

     "I was already listening to music, though..." I trailed off, thinking that i might've sounded kind of like a jerk. After all, she was just trying to help, you know?

     "But what kind of music?" She winked at me knowingly.

     "Uhh, just some rock stuff," I shrugged.

     "Exactly! You haven't listened to my music! Garaunteed to inspire, 100%." I just stared at her blankly, an idea already forming in my head.

     "I don't think i need the whole music thing," I mumbled, sitting at the kitchen table and opening my Mac. I opened up a document and let my fingers do the talking.

     "Oh? What's this about?" She hovered over my shoulder curiously, but i pushed her away.

     "You sit across from me," I smiled at the story forming at my fingertips as i licked my lips. That spark had entered my chest again.

     "Why?" She asked, obeying me anyway.

     "You are my inspiration," I smiled at the reddening of her cheeks. God, was she beautiful.