Incomplete chapter 13

Incomplete: Thirteen.

     Next was history class. Geography, to be exact. It was honestly the only class i've ever struggled to pass. I was just no good at maps!

     We were going over the geography of Eastern Europe, and i was taking notes furiously, drawing little scribbles that i hoped resembled the board, when a note was flicked onto my desk. I looked around, but no one was looking at me. I uncrumpled the note.

     Meet me after the bell at the back of the school. We have a score to settle.

     Yeah, because that's not creepy at all. I sighed and crumpled the note.

     The only part of this class i hated was that i didn't have any close friends in it. There was Ryan, but we only talked when we had to do group work. And then there was Jamie, but she annoyed the crap out of me. Lucky me, she's a stuck-up genius in this class, so i got A's all the time because no one else would pair up with her. Everyone else, though, didn't really seem to want to waste their precious time on me.

     It was like music to my ears when the bell rang, and i stood up a bit too quickly. I saw black splotches, and then my vision cleared.

     Next class - and last class! - was PE. I trotted to the girl's locker room and changed in my row, that i actually had to myself for once. Usually i was crammed in row one with everyone else running around in their bra's and underwear, making me feel extremely uncomfortable. But hey, that's just how girl's are around other girls. You know, girl's who don't like other girls.

     Wow, that was actually hard to admit, but not surprising. Why hadn't i realized that earlier?

     I lined up with everyone else in the hall outside the guy's locker room, waiting on Mrs. Ashman to come and scream at us like the evil witch she was.

     Once the floor began to shake, we knew she was on her way.

     ...Okay, maybe that was a little mean. But you should've seen her when she rounded the corner, clomping her way towards us in her gaudy bright red tracksuit. Her fat was jiggling every which way, which wouldn't have bothered me if her outfit wasn't a few sizes too small. I really didn't need to see that.

     "Alright, children!" She yelled in her deep, husky voice. It sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me. "We're going outside today!"

     Everyone groaned. It was 33 degrees out, according the weathermen that updated my iTouch just before i came out here. As long as it was above freezing, though, the teacher's had jurisdiction to take us outside. Talk about cheap!

     "Don't you dare make that awful sound again!" She yelled, pointing to a bony kid with glasses - Izzy, i think? - and i swear i saw foam fly from her mouth. Maybe she should get tested for that.

     "Now, out the door, you miserable wimps!" She pointed to the door, and we all trudged outside on her command.

     She's pushing 500, i bet. And we're the miserable wimps?

     We all walked down the track and grouped at the beginning.

     "Okay, children, today we're running 20 laps. You have the first hour of class, because i know you're going to get lazy!" The hypocrite. "Now go!"

     It was easy to tell before the first lap was even halfway over who was athletic and who wasn't. It was mostly boys in the front who were on the football team, but not really big and hard to smash to the ground. A few girls on the soccer team were right behind them, their ponytails swinging in the breeze. In the middle were people like me, who didn't really exercise regularly, but weren't exactly out of shape, either. And behind us were the people who just ate and ate and ate...and i'll tell you right now, most of them weren't that big. I happen to know Izzy, the pale bony kid, can eat ten dinners amongst other meals throughout the day, and not gain a pound.