Incomplete chapter 7

Incomplete: Seven.

     During third period - music class! - i picked up my acoustic case that i left in the music closet. Mr. Pogue understood since i explained to him the issues with playing at home. My mom continually yelled at me and harrassed me to stop. At one point she nearly threw it out onto the street to get run over.

     I sat down in a seat in the back after grabbing a foot rest to prop my leg on. Then i opened the case, took out the guitar and the tuner, grabbed a transparent pick tinted red from my front pocket, and began to tune.

     It took only about two minutes, which was pretty quick considering the longest it's ever taken me was about fifteen minutes. But that's a story for another day.

     In the mood i was in, i couldn't really stand playing any sort of sad or mellow songs. In fact, i was completely and utterly excited; just plain happy. It'd been a long time since i felt that way, and i wasn't about to ruin it. After all, music influences mood heavily.

     I had recently found a group named Erickson and fallen in love with them. I only knew one song by them, and i began strumming to the acoustic version. I lightly sang the lyrics, listening to the album version in my head as i went.

     "Hey, beautiful girl on my bed // if this is inspiration, then i'm singing it // take your time with love and "byes" // soon they will be sad goodbyes // Hey, beautiful boy in my head // If you listen closely, i'm two steps ahead // Fallin' for your every word // I'll be your inspiration if you'll be my world // As we escape tonight, let's just close our eyes // This rollercoaster ride took me by surprise // So promise me you'll stay with me tonight // Hey, beautiful boy, listen up // you're my destination, we can call this love // you'll never hear your heart break, 'cause i don't have it in me // Hey, beautiful girl, i need you // to tell me what you wanna do // i leave this night all up to you // we'll take a walk along the beach // i'll hold your hand, you'll kiss my cheek // will you be my world // As we escape tonight, let's just close our eyes // this rollercoaster ride took me by surprise // so promise me you'll stay with me // As we escape tonight, let's just close our eyes // this rollercoaster ride took me by surprise // so promise me you'll stay with me // Tonight's the night we'll always remember // tonight's the night we promised forever // before you close your eyes, i'll kiss your cheek // you'll whisper you're "the one for me" // As we escape tonight, let's just close our eyes // this rollercoaster ride took me by surprise // so promise me you'll stay with me tonight..."

     I sat with my thoughts for a few moments afterwords before feeling a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Quince watching me proudly.

     "What song was that?" He asked.

     "Ah, it's called Hey, Beautiful...by Erickson."

     "Ooh," he sat down next to me. "No wonder i've never heard it before. Who're they?"

     "Just this band i found...i went to this concert over the summer. They were selling CDs out in the line, and playing a few songs. I fell in love with that song - i just had to learn it." I smiled at him. "Did i do okay?"

     "Okay?" He scoffed. "A, that was absolutely amazing! I swear the entire class just dropped everything to watch you! So much emotion." He patted me on the back and smiled wide.

     I blushed, looking around. I caught a few glances, but for the most part they had all gone back to whatever it was they were doing before. "Thanks."

     "Did you have someone in mind while singing it?" He winked at me and gave me a playful jab in the side.

     My face flushed as one name came to mind.