Concealed Crimes

Conceal: to place out of sight

....

"I've never stolen anything in my life before this!" Jimin wailed, hauling the stolen trash can full of unpurchased items behind him. "That's it. I'm officially going to hell."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "You're not going to hell because you stole some food. Besides, I plan on paying the Lee family back."

"But you have no money," Jimin pointed out. "Well, no cash that is."

"True. I have something far better."

"What?"

"Produce and livestock!" Taehyung beamed. "Think about it. My family will be fine. We can farm all of our food, plus, I'm rather handy with tools when it comes to fixing things. A river runs through our lot, so we have relatively fresh water to drink from; but of course, we'll still boil it for safety measures."

Jimin frowned. "What do I have to pay them back with?"

"It's not what you have," Taehyung corrected, "but your father! The Lee family are avid churchgoers. I'm sure they won't be adding anything into the offering plate this coming Sunday. Think of this as...their offering!"

"You're scarily good at reasoning sin. But," Jimin paused, "I suppose that sounds like a good trade."

"Exactly!"

Suddenly, a bike skidded to a stop in front of them. Another crashed into the stopped one, and the two occupants careened to the ground with a loud crash.

"Shit, Hoseok-hyung!" Taehyung reached down and helped his friend to his feet. "You almost hit me!"

Hoseok brushed himself off and straightened his shirt. "Nonsense! If Seokjinie-hyung was any good on a bicycle I wouldn't have even fallen."

"Yah!" Seokjin smacked the back of Hoseok's head. "I'm not used to riding things with such a narrow seat. It digs into my ass and hurts."

Hoseok smirked. "There's a joke in that, but I'm not going to make it."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "You two seem awfully close for having just met last night."

Hoseok ducked his head as Seokjin replied, "Actually, we met this morning. Namjoonie's forehead was weeping, so Jimin-ssi's mini-me directed us back to Dawon-noona's place. She wasn't home, but this idiot right here claimed to be a paramedic in nursing school and-"

"I am a paramedic studying nursing!" Hoseok interrupted with a whine.

"Your professors will be so proud when you tell them how you accidentally ripped out one of Namjoon-ah's stitches," Seokjin cooed.

Jimin winced. "That sounds painful."

Seokjin sighed in feigned fondness. "He screamed like a little girl."