Chapter One: Hogwarts Rivals

"Bye Draco! See you next year!" Blonde-Haired Aura Malfoy remembered calling to her older brother, Draco Malfoy as he set off to Hogwarts. She looked up to find her mother, Narcissa Malfoy, hugged her mother and waved to Draco for the last time before he was swept away on the Hogwarts Express. Now she was at Hogwarts and getting sorted. She stared at the sorting hat as Professor McGonagall called her name.

"Malfoy; Aura." She said loudly. Aura walked quickly to the stool and found the gaze of her brother. 

"Hm.. Very interesting." The sorting hat said. "Would you like to be a Ravenclaw? You would do very well there." 

"No, I'd like to be in the house my brother is in." She muttered. 

"As you wish." The sorting hat said. "SLYTHERIN!" It shouted.

She got off and walked quickly to the Slytherin table and sat next to Draco.

"What'd it say to you? I heard murmuring." Draco asked.

"It asked if I wanted to be a Ravenclaw. I said no. It's bad enough not being able to sleep in the same room as you to feel safer. Worse if I was in a different house." She said.

"Fine." He said, staring at Dumbledore. "Where's the other one?"

"Really? 'The other one'? Haylio has a name."

"Whatever. Maybe she got detention early." Draco snickered.

"Or not." Aura said. She heard McGonagall call; "Malfoy; Haylio."

"SLYTHERIN!" The sorting hat shrieked.

Their blonde, slightly messy-haired little sister waddled over to sit next to them.

"I think you forgot to properly introduce us to these guys." Aura said, pointing at two remarkably fat slytherins.

"Crabbe, Goyle; Aura, Haylio." Draco said dismissively.

"Now, it is time for the feast." Dumbledore said, the only thing Aura heard. Lots of food appeared in front of them and Aura stared through it. As she was looking at the food, she glanced over to a messy black-haired boy. Harry Potter. Aura thought. She remembered him. 'The boy who lived.' He was also on the quidditch team. He noticed her and waved. She waved back.

"Who are you staring at? Potter?" Draco nudged her.

"No," She said.

"Then eat. You could be hungry when you're going to bed." Haylio said.

"I guess." Aura said, grabbing some food.

When the feast was over, they all followed the prefects to the dungeons, but first they took a small tour of the castle for any updates and for the first years. They took it with the gryffindors and she was next to Harry.

"Hey," Harry said to her. "I saw you looking at me. May I ask why?"

"Oh-- it's just because I've never met you and--" She was cut off by Draco tapping her shoulder.

"Aura." He said, not noticing Harry. "Come on. A few more minutes here, then we're off to the common room." Draco then walked off.

"I have deducted your name is Aura. Are you.. Related to Draco?" Harry asked quietly.

"Yeah. But that doesn't mean I'm exactly like him..!" She said, glancing at Haylio every once in a while.

"Right. I'll see you later.. Aura." Harry said, looking up at the Gryffindor prefect leading the house up to their common room.

"Slytherins down here." Their prefect said. He lead them down into the dungeons and into the common room.

The common room wasn't cold, as some students described it, but it wasn't warm either.