Punishment and Dance Parties

Julie grinned over at her, grabbing her hand as they ran off the stage. Olivia laughed as they made their way over to Flynn. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Flynn squealed as they all hugged.

"You guys were incredible." She said as they all pulled away.

"Yeah we were."

"Yeah you were."

Olivia's brows furrowed at Reggie who was now looking past her at someone. Probably the person who spoke at the same time as him. Her eyes shifted to Luke, as she turned around. His face twitching like he was trying to hold back an expression.

"Sam." Flynn smiled, as he walked over with his hands in his pockets. She nudged Olivia, making her pinch her arm. "Stalker." She smiled at him, and he shook his head.

"I didn't know you could sing like that." Sam said. Olivia rolled her eyes, trying to stop her smile, but it curled its way onto her face. "Oh? I thought stalkers were meant to know every detail of a person's life." She said, and he laughed, shaking his head.

"Who's this stud?" Olivia heard Luke ask, and she bit her lip in attempt not to say something to him.

"I'm not a stalker, alright? My dad likes to check out the bands here sometimes. I didn't know you were going to be here." Sam said, and Olivia nodded her head.

"Sounds like a load to me. Someone's got a-" Olivia cut Luke off, grabbing Sam's wrist.

"Mhm, I won't believe that until you point him out to me." She said, walking away from the group.

"Fine, crazy." Sam said, as she held her finger up at Luke without him noticing.

They only reached a few steps before Ray came face to face with her. Olivia's jaw dropped at the Google Maps face he was making. She quickly dropped Sam's hand, and he clearly got the gist.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said before slipping away.

"Um..." Olivia said softly, glancing back at Julie, Flynn, and the guys. There was a woman talking to them now. A manager maybe.

"Walk." Ray said to her, and she slumped forward as she walked back towards the group.

"Julie." He said, and Julie's eyes widened over at him. Her hand slowly pulled back from the manager's.

"It's time to go." He said sternly.

____________________________

After the most awkwardly and uncomfortable car ride of the century, they finally arrived back at Julie's house. Olivia had never seen Ray so mad in her life, especially at both of them.

The silence continued along the path to the house, until Ray finally said something.

"Girls, we need to talk." He said, making Olivia wince.

The two sighed as they turned to face him. Barely able to meet his eyes.

"I'll start with you, Olivia." He said, making her slide her hands into her wind breaker's pockets.

"Look, I may not be your actual dad, but I feel almost like I am." He began, and although he was mad at her, the statement made her smile. "I am very much responsible for what you do, and though you didn't skip class today, you did sneak out." He said, and she nodded.

"Julie," He went on, and Julie sighed, "After skipping classes, lying about having a test, you decided to sneak out even though I told you to go to your room and study?" He questioned.

"I know. I'm sorry." She apologized.

"Yeah, you keep saying that." Ray said, shaking his head. "If you had just let me in, both of you, I could've been excited about tonight instead of having this conversation we all hate." He said. "Why didn't you tell me you had a band?" He asked.