Noel, the Annoying Prick

Your P.o.v

I open my eyes to see the time. It was 7 in the morning, so I got up and I walk over to the bathroom. After I shower and put my work clothes on, I go get a drink. When I walk in the kitchen, I see Di at the table. "Morning, Di."

She turns around and smiles. "Morning, (Y/n)! You work today?" I nod and open the fridge door. "Yeah, and unfortunately, so does Shaun." She snickers. "Why are you snickering, Di?"

She looks at me. "Because I know you. Do you still have that problem about him?" I look at her with my mouth open. "I take that as a 'yes.' You should tell him."

"I can't. He loves Liz, Di. I can't and won't do that and break her heart and our friendship. You do know what I'm going through, but at least you have someone." I look down sadly. I turn and walk to the door. "I should head to work. See you later, Di." I quickly head out the door before she can stop me.

When I finally get outside, I slide down the door and let a tear fall. Why did I ever tell her? For awhile now, I have liked Shaun. I kept the feeling down as much as I can, but whenever I'm near Shaun, whether he's alone or with Liz or the others, I either act like a complete bitch or I'm completely nervous. Only Di and Ed know my secret, but they keep telling me to tell him, but I can't bring myself to do it.

After I take a couple of deep breathes, I get up and I start walking to work.

-Time Skip, brought to you by the definition of exacerbate-

When I got in the store and clock in, I hear Shaun calling for everyone. I walk and stand in the back. I've heard the speech before, so I start to zone out. "...So, I'm taking charge today, as I'm one of the..." Then, the dumbarse known as Noel interrupts him. "Oldest, you and sweet cheeks back there." I glare at him, and he winks at me. Talk about disgusting. "...senior staff members." Shaun finishes, looking at Noel.

"I'm feeling under the weather, can I have the day off too?" Noel turns to me, smirking. "I think (Y/n) is feeling unwell too, aren't you?" I roll my eyes. "The only time I feel unwell is when you are talking and/or looking at me." The other employees start to laugh while Noel's smirk turns into a frown. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Shaun trying to keep himself from laughing.

As Shaun tries to continue to talk to everyone, Noel's mobile starts to go off. He answers it and starts to talk to it. Shaun tries to tell him to stop, but Noel holds his hand up, telling Shaun to stop. Shaun backs off sadly, and I feel a twinge of sadness with him looking like that. Noel finishes his call and looks back at Shaun. Shaun tries to continue, but everyone walks off to their duties. I stay in spot to let him know I was waiting for him to finish speaking, but he just shakes his head and motions to the counter. I turn around and walk to the cash register, feeling sad for Shaun.

I turn back around to see Noel talking to Shaun for a bit and then Noel walks off. Shaun looks over at me, and I smile weakly. He smiles weakly back walks to some customers at the televisions.

I stand behind the counter, waiting for someone to come over, watching everyone when Noel comes up behind me. "Hey, sweet cheeks. Did you miss me?" I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, with every weapon so far." I grumble.

"Oh, come on now, baby. We both know how good I can be for you. Why not try it?"

I turn around to look at him. "Because I would rather blow my fucking brains out than to go with you. Now leave me alone." I look at the door, and I see Shaun's stepdad, Philip, walk in.

"You will come to me sooner or later. Right after you realize he's not the right one for you." I growl under my breath. Noel looks at Philip and yells, "Shaun! It's your dad!" He looks at me, winks, and walks away.

I groan and set my head on the counter. Why does he always do that? He's such an annoying little prick. I'm just glad Ed's not here, otherwise he'd be in a grave and Ed would be in jail. I thought.

I zone out for the rest of my shift. I walked over to the clock-out and I see Shaun there. I smile and punch out. I go to walk away when I hear my name.

"Hey (Y/n)," I turn to Shaun. "Sorry about Noel doing that to you. Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah. I'm fine." I smile. "Believe it or not, I'm used to that prick annoying the hell out of me." He laughs. "Why are you laughing?"

"No reason. That just proves you are Ed's sister." I giggle. "Anyway, I wanted to apologize from when we were younger."

I look at him. "I can't help it if I act like Ed sometimes." He chuckles. "And you don't have to apologize about that. The past is in the past." We give each other a smile. "Anyway, I should probably go. See ya, Shaun." I wave and walk out, smiling a smile so big even the Joker would be impressed, missing Shaun's enormous smile.