10

Jamie POV

As we watch Remus throw in the floo powder he says "Hogwarts headmasters office" Then all of a sudden he's gone in green flames. After he had gone through then went Harry, Ron, Hermione then the rest of us. As soon as I step out of the fire place I look around a big office filled with odd trinkets and a bunch of books. As I'm looking around I see a beautiful red bird on a perch in the corner. Dumbledore must have walked in while I was looking at the bird because he startled me when he said that the bird's name is Fawkes. I look around and see that everyone else is gathered around a stools and a old looking hat. Remus expains to use that it is the sorting hat it places you in a house based on your personality and memories. Dunbledore then asks who wants to go first I hesitate just a little so Jace ends up going first.

Sorting Hat POV
The blonde boy walks up and sits down as I'm lowered on his hair I see that he has exceptional bravery and plenty of loyalty to his family and friends. As I'm looking through memories I hear him call me old. I shout into his mind that I am not old just well seasoned. It got the reaction I wanted because he jumped a bit. Well hat where am I going to be, he asks me, after about a minute it better be Gryffindor! He says ok and gets off the stool. After him comes a serious looking brunette guy hmm, bravery, smarts, logic fitting for Ravenclaw but he has bravery and courage. Looking into what seems like a memory of a wedding his wedding there is no other place for him but, Gryffindor! As he walks away a girl with long wavy black hair walks up. As I'm placed on her head i can sense the power coming from her, the daughter of Nathan Potter and a shadowhunter with pure angel blood. Cunning, creative, smart, loyal and brave she can be in any of the houses. While I'm looking through memories I see the two new boys making odd gestures to her and sense her responding, well we shall go with what her ancestors were before her, so better be Gryffindor!

Remus POV
As soon as the hat yells Gryffindor for Jaime I relax a little bit not beacause I was very worried but because she fit the description for all four house something rare. No surprise her two friends were in the same house. As the sorting hat gets put away I ask Dumbledore if we show them the rest of the castle. After he says yes we start to walk out the office door.