Week 5

Jessica’s POV

“Week five shall test you all. You will be singing number one songs.” Simon tells us all. Number one songs…

“What song do we have?” Jack asks.

“Boys you will be singing It Will Rain by Bruno Mars, and girls you will sing The One That Got Away by Katy Perry.” Simon says and I can’t believe it, I loved this song.

We were in the top eight now and we had to step our game up. Nothing could get in the way of us winning; nothing. This week would be all practice, all focus, and all dedication.

“Of course Eliana has the intro,” Ashlee laughs as we look over our parts.

“Is it bad that I have the intro?” Eliana asks.

“No I’m just saying I figured your voice would fit best and Simon must have thought the same thing.” Ashlee explains.

“Let’s run over the parts a few times now,” Leti says and we all sit around our room.

“Summer after high school when we first met…” Eliana begins and we start working out the performance. It had to be a five million dollar performance for LA to approve and I knew we could do it. We just had to believe and give it all we got.

After over an hour of practicing we finally decide we could take a break. As the others leave the room I stay put just to go over my parts a few more times.

I didn’t want to be the one to mess this up and I felt like it was heading that way.

Meghan’s POV

“As long as you love me we could be starving, we could be homeless, we could be broke.” I hear Carter singing as I walk out onto the patio.

“Is that your song for the week?” I ask and he nods.

“Yeah, at least it’s one I know. I think I will do good.” He says and I sit in the chair next to him.

“You sounded pretty good, I’m a little worried it was too good,” I say and he laughs.

“Nah, I’m not that good. I’m surprised I’m still here actually.”

“What? No you’re amazing.” I tell him.

“Thanks, but I don’t feel the same. This is all so unreal and I know at some point I will return to reality. Nothing perfect lasts forever.” He says.

“Yeah but we just have to keep working hard for this. Once you stop working hard the good things stop too.” I say.

“Then I’ll never stop. This is what I want for the rest of my life, I love performing.” He says and looks at me.

“Me too. I want to succeed as bad as I want to breathe. I was born to do this and I know it.”

“Well no uncertainty you will make it to the semi-finals at least; you girls have such good harmonies. Simon really knows how to put groups together doesn’t he?” I’d never had a real conversation like this with Carter and it was nice.

“Don’t doubt yourself; you could be the next Bieber. Just rock that song and show the world.” I say smiling and he smiles back.

“We’ll see. Good luck this week.” He says and I nod.

“You too,” I say and go back inside. Competition was tough and if Carter felt like he wasn’t good enough then where did that leave the girls and I? I thought we were awesome but were we really?

“Meghan, have you seen our outfits for this week? I just got an email with them and um, they are Katy Perry luscious.” Ashlee says and I look at her confused.