6. No More Secrets. (BinJin)

In honor of Hyun Bin winning the KPCA award. 😉 Leave a review.

The urge to declare her secret but the not-so-secret relationship with this man was increasing day by day. 

First, it had been six months after the shoot for their first movie together, "The Negotiation," ended. The second time around, it had been when they were swept into dating rumors at LA during their shopping spree. The third and fourth time was when the filming for their drama started and ended, respectively.

 All this time, Son Yejin had managed to keep her mouth zipped. 

Being high on posting about her life on Instagram, many fans had noticed that she had become quiet for some reason. Many speculated that it was because she was busy with her career. Little did they know, a ceratin gentle giant had been the cause of all her attention and love all this time, giving her little to no time for the rest of the world. They were almost two months into the dating cycle, and neither of them had had enough of the other.

Out of the four times she could have put an end to the baseless rumors by releasing a statement, the fifth time had to be the worst of all.

The fifth one, right now, right here.

Hyun Bin's dazzling face on the enormous flat-screen was the center of attention for everyone in the living room. His parents and a handful of close friends, including Jang Dong-gun, who knew about their secret relationship, were seated around the screen as they watched her boyfriend receive his President Award at the Korean Popular Culture and Arts ceremony. While everyone clinked glasses to his name, Yejin found herself in a bubble of her own fantasy.

Tears welled up in her eyes at the sight of him. 

He was so far, yet so close. Her fingers ached to reach out for the screen and simply pluck him out of the digital frame. She did not wish to deter anyone's happiness by calling her own much grander but deep down in her heart; she knew that whatever she was feeling right now, not even his mother could hold a candle to it. Yes, she had raised him for almost 25 years until he moved out, but Yejin had worn his heart on her sleeve every day for the past two years. She had seen him in his darkest times, his happiest moments, and everything in between.

It was an emotion she could not quite explain verbally.

"Look at him," His father was speaking, eyes filled his mirth, "I told that boy to become a lawyer, but he didn't listen to me," He raised a glass to the screen just when Bin bowed his thank you to the crowd upon acceptance of the trophy. Now, they were pinning a shiny medal to his suit jacket.

The suit jacket Yejin had picked out herself.

"Had I known he would be this loved in his profession, I would have urged him to pursue it sooner." The Kim family shares a hearty laugh in their living room. His brothers and friends had made her feel at home even though it was her first time visiting his friends and family together. The only person she knew here was Dong-gun, Bin's best friend.

"Eon Jin," His mother calls out for her attention. 

Briskly, her straightened hair turns in her direction, her diamond earrings dangling. "Yes, Eomeoni?"

"You must be proud of him," her tone is sweet; Yejin finds herself relaxing.

But the damned tears continue to well up in her eyes.