WHO AM I?

Tenbit talked with her new friend and get to sleep after she pray she do every night! She felt a bit nicer after she met her new friend. When she woke up in the morning she started to find a way to ask what she wanted to know for her mother but she was feeling afraid.They got out of Miss Xerunesh's house to get pot and go to a river. Their house was right in front of Mister Mekuwanent's House. When they were walking to the river, Tenbit took a long breath and started to talk, "Mummy?", said Tenbit

"Yes, my dear" answered Worqnesh. She was feeling happy at the day!

"Can I ask you something?" said Tenbit with abit  fear full sound!

"Owkaaaay!" said Worqnesh with unhappy sound.

Tenbit gave all of her focus and asked emotionally, "Mum, Can you tell me who is my true father? Soressa and Miss Kebebush told me that I don't have a father. Please I want to know my dad, Where is he? and also Soressa said to you 'you brought her from strange', Mum, aren't you my own mom?" she was about to cry but she kept her feeling and Worqnesh hadn't any idea about this. When Worqnesh heard the question "Aren't you my own mom?", her heart was about to stop working, she stopped walking for seconds, then she tried to act like she felt nothing about the question and kept walking. "That is okay if you are not my mom, I always love you" said Tenbit. Worqnesh started to take some water and answer the question. 

"Tenbit, you are too kid to know everything about me and your father, You have to believe what I tell you not what Soressa or Kebebush tell you OK! I am your mother your won mother don't worry about it believe me I swear but the reason every one is mad is your father is strange. He is from British. His families come to Ethiopia to get my brother for their business I don't know. As your dad told me before he betrayed me, the reason we came here in the place we don't even know is because of the business. He was about the same age with me and we got friends. AFter time, he loved me and I love him too, but after I got pregnant, he wanted to take me to Britain with him. When we were talking, my brother heard us and told everything for my dad. I know my dad loved me to the day he has passed,(started to cry) but my brother hate me all of my life because our mother passed after me. But your father haven't helped me, he gotten back to his country by leaving one word the night before. But he was lying. He is a big lying master. OK! my dear. I told you everything. But please don't even ask me about this and Kebebush after now. Period." said with strong sound and words. She started to fill the water pot. "The think I don't understand is why I love him still now" said to her self. But she was talking. She thought Tenbit hasn't heard what she said. "Mom, Do you still love my dad?" said Tenbit after she heard what her mother talked to her self. "I am not talking with you, I told you his is a bad guy. He is the one made us too poor like this, I hate him, You must do too!" Worqnesh shouted on her. Tenbit zipped her mouth until her mother got to kitchen to cook break fast to the kids. But question haven't stopped flowing in Tenbit's mind. She spent the same day she do other time. Endashaw and Becan spent the day by playing on her. When she got home at night, she walked to her room and started to talk her new friend.

"Hello Dear Diary, Today I asked my mother the things I told you yesterday when we were walking to the pond. She is so mad at my dad. and also she told me that I am too kid to know everything, but I am 8 years and I have to know about me to me. By the way, the reason I ahve white skin is because my dad is British. Mummy told me to hate him. but I don't even know who he is, so why should I hate him? And still I don't know who is my Mother's Brother who made mom to come here. Why does he hate her? OK, wait here my mother told me that we traveled from far place from here so may be my dad has come to see us and hasn't found us there. OK the other thing, I still don't know why Miss Kebebush and Everybody hate my mom. Hey wait wait wait, I know that mom and Mother Xerunesh and her daughters share their whole stories when they discuss after dinner around a fire. So taht how abut trying to hear what Mummy tell them, so Bye I have to go there. I am loving you I think!"

Tenbit tried to hear them but hasn't got the answers for her questions. But she proofed that her mother loves her dad when they were talking with Xerunesh and her daughters. Teh next day she spent the same day, but Endashaw and Becan got  crueler than they were. When she got home she had her dinner and started to hear what they talk behind the door!