LIVES IN ONE COMPOUND

1941

Tenbit's day was very hard and long. But Tenbit hasn't felt weakness she use to feel or other person feel if he spend such kind of day. As anytime, She woke up at 5:00 AM which they call morning. When she woke up, she got her self being shake. That was her mother Worqnesh. Worqnesh means "You are gold "in Amharic. Tenbit is 7 years old. But the life she hasn't allowed her to think like a kid, rather let her to be like a girl learning to think deep and learn "how life works" like 17 year old girl. Naturally, Tenbit was very clever and wise but kind kid. At the same time she was open minded and love to know a lot. Her mother who is fear of her nature always tell her to grow slowly. Life is 2 kind in one compound. The place is Mister Mekuwanent's Big villa. Mr.  Mekuwanent is very respected Rich. His age is in the middle of Forties. They are known only by having lots of cattle. They live in  Borona People community which is a bit get into Kenya. But they are prepared to live in the Capital of Kenya. Traveling to the place where The British Soldiers kill many Black people, from the country which won colony , was the thing that made everyone confused. This was clear only for his wife. These couples got these secret a way to better comfort and life than this.  Other ways they they are living really amazing life. They have 3 children. The elder one is 11 years and the second one is 8 years and the little one is 5 years old girl. The first two boys are called Endashaw and Becan. Still no body knows what Tenbit is called for these kids. She is the baby sitter for the little girl Soreti, and Assistant and servant for Becan and Endashaw. She actually got Soreti good for her, but the two boys are rude for her and they don't love each other. Becan is unknowable and hard boy to go with, and Endashaw send her to the place he want, command her as he need and want. Nowadays he made her kicking sponge to test his ability of fight.

Their father was Christian as many Northern Ethiopia People but after He traveled after the Italian Army colony in Ethiopia, He changed his way to religious spirit called "Waqefeta" which means believing their one God. He did that for building good social life with the people their. He teaches his children to read and write Amharic by a Priest a all students do in the country at the time. Then, after they learn to read and write they learn Modern Education by Modern Teachers. But all these things are done in his compound, at home. The family came to Borona when Soreti was born. Becan, Endashaw and Tenbit are born in Northern Ethiopia in Gojam. Becan and Soreti are named in the language in Borona. Other-ways their life isn't that changed. 

The second life in Mister Mekuwanent's compound is Tenbit's and Her mother Worqnesh's life. Worqnesh is Mister Mekuwanent's sister. She is 24 years old. Life is hard and bad here. These two people had more stress and pain than any other servants in the compound. Their life is harder than any one there. Specially for Worqnesh. Tenbit have the opportunity to learn with the children.