Chapter 1

*MYLES*

I'm sitting in the lounge room of my new psychologist's office

I'm sitting in the lounge room of my new psychologist's office. I think her name is Mrs. Fischer. My appointments were going to be Mondays and Wednesdays. I don't know about opening up to another person, it takes energy for me to spill my emotions and I wasn't there mentally, well not yet.

I was the first one in the small lounge room. I sat on a white leather couch as classical music played in the background. There was a nice gold lamp on the marble table next to me. The light nicely shined as I stared at it. I wish my heart was that bright but it was covered and coated like an obsidian rock.

I moved with my parents to Southern California because they got a better offer in a prestigious law firm but also because my parents wanted me to get away from my two suicide attempts. Yes, two attempts at taking my life and I'm still breathing. I'm not saying I'm not thankful but the pain lingers like a plague inside me. It's not as bad as it was a year ago but agony still lives in me.

"Myles Black," a young girl called me as I came out of the dark spell I was enraptured in.

I glanced up at the open door as she sweetly smiled at me. I stood up without a smile on my face. I'm not rude but I'm not exactly fond of telling my life story to a new doctor but my parents told me she's the best and my old psychologist, Mrs. Brown sent my files to this office so maybe I don't have to talk much.

I passed the young blonde with blue eyes as I entered the hallway. She walked past me as I walked the stale white hallway, reminds me of the psychiatric hospital I was in up north, thankfully I wasn't there long. She smiled and opened a wooden door which had Mrs. Fischer's name engraved outside. I walked in and it was the same setting as any psychologist room. A chair where Mrs. Fischer was already sitting and a long laying couch, her desk was off to the side. She had an exquisite bookcase on the wall and an old fashion world globe by the couch.

I heard the door close as silence eerily surrounded the atmosphere. I glanced at Mrs. Fischer, she was quite young maybe early thirties. She was very pretty with her big brown eyes and dark red lips. She adjusted her black eyeglasses as she finally smiled at me. "Myles Black, you're a handsome young man," she said sweetly. Her voice was gentle which calmed my nerves.

My heart raced as I stood there waiting for her to gesture me to sit on the laying couch, I would rather not see her eye to eye.

"Thank you," is all I managed to say. I felt droplets of sweat form on my lower back as sweat started to form on my palms.

"I would like to start with a breathing exercise, stay standing there and close your eyes," she raised her eyebrow and I knew I should listen. I closed my eyes and immediately regretted it. It was dark and I hated the dark.

"Very good, now take a deep breath," I heard her say from afar. I tried my best to take in deep breaths but I couldn't, this darkness was making me anxious.