Chapter 27

*MYLES*

His warm body engulfed me as the fall chills took over the atmosphere. I could feel my heart had a strong pulse and that was very rare. I didn't feel a glass layer over my dark heart but more of a thin fabric ready to tear apart.

"You look great, Myles," he pulled away as his blue eyes were glossy. I kissed his cheek and chuckled.

"You letting your bread grow," I grazed my fingers on his scruff as he smiled.

"Yeah, do you like it?"

"Of course and your hair is short?" He smirked as he passed his fingers through his short locks.

"Yeah, I needed a change after—hmm—you left," my smile faded as I knew this day would come. I knew if I didn't go see him then he would eventually find me.

"I'm sorry, Chance, for not saying goodbye," my words choked as a sudden pain of sadness enveloped me.

"Myles, you have nothing to apologize for...," we were interrupted by a car honking. It was Amelia waiting on the street.

"Hmm, want to go to a bar?" I asked as a smile appeared on his face.

"Hmm, how are we going to get in? We are underage?" His eyebrow lifted. Damn, he was right. I never thought of that.

"We'll worry about that when we get to that bridge," I squeezed his cheeks as we walked towards Amelia's car.

We got in as he went into the backseat and I was in front with Amelia. "Amelia this is Chance, my ex-boyfriend, and a good friend."

Amelia smiled as her smokey eyeshadow made her gray eyes stand out more. "Pleasure, Chance. I'm Amelia, you can tell me more when we get to the bar."

It was quiet for a moment when I had to break the silence. "So Chance, how did you find me?"

"I had to track where your parents worked then I called to ask where you have moved and they gave me the address. I wanted to surprise you so I told them not to say anything," I turned around as he had his handsome smile plastered on his face.

"It's a great surprise, are you here for long? Where are you staying?"

"Just tomorrow, I have to go back. I'm staying at a small hotel nearby," he winked at me.

We finally got to the bar, City Lights. There wasn't security by the entrance so we made our way inside. We entered as a bunch of college students glanced over. I heard them whisper. I knew they were saying something about Atticus and me. "Nice place," I heard Chance say.

"Let's go sit at that booth in the corner," Amelia grabbed my hand as we walked towards the booth.

"Where is Clark?" I asked. He's been acting weird. He talks to us in class but is very short with me. I know he confessed his feelings for me but I want him as a friend. I'll talk to him next time I see him.

"He didn't feel well but I know he's making excuses," Amelia winked at me as she knew what was going on.

We all sat in the booth and scanned the area. I glanced everywhere and didn't spot Atticus. "It sucks we can't drink. We are all underage," Amelia huffed.

I saw a menu of food as my appetite grew. "Let's order some food as we wait for Atticus to come," we scanned the menu and ordered a bunch of appetizers.

I glanced around and still didn't see Atticus, was I being stood up. "Who are you looking for?" Chance asked as my cheeks got red.

"His boyfriend," Amelia joked and now my cheeks were on fire.