Prologue

"I have never been."

He said while crossing his arms and just looking at me like I'm nothing.

I hear them laughing and excited to rip me apart. Ito ang masasabi kong hindi ko matakasan. I'm fighting for my fucking life.

Napaluhod ako sa panghihina ng aking mga tuhod. One ripped off my wristband from my wrist and smashing it to pieces so no one would trace me and come to rescue me.

I have never been the type to be rescued, I thought I'm supposed to be the one who save lives but right now I guess I was wrong.

"Hindi ka naman lumalaban pero ang hirap mo paring patayin." Sabi ng isa habang hinila ang buhok ko.

Nakita ko namang paalis na siya na may dala at walang ng pakialam.

Psh. You're really pathetic.

"Pity. Any last words?" One said pointing his sharp sword near my throat ready to slash it open.

And like time was still. Memories flashing back like a storm.

Those smiles.

Those lives.

Those people.

But there will be no more after this.

I bitterly smiled remembering the very important thing to me.

Family.

But that memory was cut off with visions. Visions of pain and grief.

My parents at home waiting for a soon-to-be-dead daughter to come home.

My sister coming into an empty cold room where we always bonded.

My friends crying over my lost life.

And my love, that betrayed me and broke me to pieces, rejoicing his victorious plan.

With just the thought I felt rage slowly surfacing. It was like a thousand years of sorrows and pain came flashing through.

I am already dead inside.

I held my head up high and smiled. "I am a Vladimir. And I will do anything for the sake of my people."

And with that, a light shined through.

--