Epilogue

The fire was later reported by witness who just happen to walk by. Ambulances and police cars came swarming in a few minutes later. 

The eight were interrogated for questions, the story they made up was a gas leak in the kitchen that they could not stop and they couldn't call anyone due to lack of cell service. Due to lack of proof did they did anything wrong, the police decided to drop charges but gave them a warning to never repeat the same mistake again.

They were later hospitalised due to burns and major almost life threatening injuries. They stayed in the hospital for two long weeks.

Life quickly resumed back to normal. The eight of them quickly recovered physically from that night, but still not mentally. 

JD moved out of Big Bud's house that day (bringing Dean and Slushy along with him), and is temporarily staying at Duke's because Veronica's parents weren't comfortable with the idea of him staying in their house. Big Bud moved out of Sherwood the next day.

JD and Veronica had PTSD and every night ever since. JD would sneak into Veronica's room (not in a creepy way) to sleep with her, because they both knew even if they had to revisit that place every night in their dreams, at least they had each other.

The others also had constant nightmares, McNamara would scream into the night and Chandler and Duke would sob into their pillows, but they were all there for each other.

A few weeks later, Courtney switched school due to an incident in the cafeteria in which she was covered in spiders, bats and slime and ran screaming out of the cafeteria as rats swarmed after her. JD and Chandler were mysteriously absent that day.

With Courtney gone, the Heathers quickly climbed to the top of the rank and became school royalty, only this time things were a lot different and more equal amongst the cliques. 

A few months later, Summer break rolled in. And the gang finally got some deserved rest.

Veronica was the first one to burst open those doors, and breathe in relief. "Summer break......." She relaxed her shoulders, a wide grin spread across her face. The others stood behind her, a little more tired but as relief as her. 

"We should celebrate." Chandler declared. "Twilight movie marathon. My house."

"No way." JD interjected. "We're playing Among Us."

"We always play Among Us." Duke muttered, rolling her eyes.

Before Veronica could say anything, her phone rang with the ringtone being Teenagers from My Chemical Romance. She answered the phone with a mischievous smirk on her face. "Sup, Sarkisian?"

Sarkisian, or by her full name, Janis Sarkisian, was Veronica's other cousin, also from her mother's side, 2 years younger than Veronica and a year older than Lydia. She is also a witch and a medium, and resides in North Shore, Chicago.

As Veronica spends more time on the phone with Janis, her smile disappears and was replaced with a worried and fearful look, face pale as cocaine (Wait, what did I just write?)

"When?" She asked, tone demanding. She listened to Janis's reply, nodding along as Janis talked.

"Were there any clues?" She asked again. Janis's reply made her stumbled back, falling into JD's steady and ready arms. "Are you sure?" She nodded again to Janis's answer.

"Ok, I will be there soon...Bye." She ended the call. 

"Fuck." She breathed out, dipping her head in disbelief, silent tears forming around her eyes. JD hold her close, trying to comfort her. 

"What happened?" Everyone else was also curious and worried.

Veronica gently let go from his hug, her expression dark and serious as she faced her friends.

"Lydia's gone. She's been taken."

The end?

A/N: So we made it to the end. I hope you had fun reading as much as I enjoyed writing. Thank you once again for being patient and considerate as I write these chapters. I never thought this would have that much views, thank you because I never thought that anyone will read this sort of weird fanfic. I'm writing the sequel as we speak, so strap in. And once again thank you, it's been a great journey. This...very cringe, super high on drugs journey. But hey, thanks for sticking around. 

P.S. I swear, I'm not on drugs.

<3