Fess Up

Alexa's P.O.V

When Tim and I got off the train, we got stares from a lot of people, but we didn't care. We ended up roaming the streets of Manhattan aimlessly for about an hour before we finally stopped.

"You hungry?" He looked at me with his eyebrows raised and I nodded my head eagerly. I haven't eaten since this morning.

"Can we get McDonald's?" He nodded and looped his arm through mine as I shoved my hands further into my pockets to escape the stinging cold feeling. When we arrived, I told my order as I dug through my small bag for my wallet.

"I got it." He said and I shook my head. I really don't want him to pay for me but his offering made me smile. Before I got the chance to say anything he covered my mouth with his hands, why did this turn me on?

"I'm paying, that's it. Find us a table." I licked his hand multiple times before he finally let go of my hold on my face.

"Find us a table," I said mocking him like a child and he rolled his eyes before lightly shoving me away.

"Thank you though Timmy," I said before I walked off to find us somewhere to sit. Since it was late there were lots of places to sit, but I'm very picky about where I want to sit. I like to have my back against a wall so I can see everyone in front of me, I feel safer knowing no one can sneak up behind me. I also don't like to be too close to other tables or sit anywhere that has someone else's crumbs, which is a given for anyone.

When I finally found us a table, I sat down and pulled out my phone, sending him a picture while he waited for the food.

Me

TIM-A-TOE

Why is ur head so big

I rolled my eyes and looked over at him where he was standing with a smirk on his face. I flipped him off and he laughed. I turned my attention to my phone again and began scrolling through Instagram.

"I'm back I know you missed me, it's okay."

"Haha very funny." I rolled my eyes and reached for my food and one of the two sprites he had ordered.

"Anyway, thanks again for this." He nodded and took a big bite out of his burger as I sipped on my sprite. I ripped open the paper bag our food had come in and laid it down flat before pouring my french fries out on top of it. I gestured towards my fries and he eagerly reached for them, shoveling a handful into his mouth.

"Hot," I commented and he snorted.

"So... about earlier. You said you were gonna tell me what's wrong with you." I looked down at my fries and began tearing tiny pieces of the bag off to distract myself. I was hoping he fucking forgot.

"Come on, tell me." He whined, drawing out the 'n'; I took a deep breath before looking at him.

"Okay, fine."

"Yes! Finally!" He yelled and I shushed him which made him laugh like a little kid.

"I-uh... okay let me spit this out while I still have liquor in my system. Tim, I like you, okay? I like you like you. I try to pretend that I don't because I know you have a thing for Joey, everyone does and I get that. But it's been hard for me to sit here with these feelings I have and watch you and her together. I don't need you to return those feelings, you just need to know they're there."

"W-wow. Um, I don't really know what to say. I mean, I thought you and Luke had a thing going on?" I shook my head quickly as I shoved a fry into my mouth.

"We mess around but neither of us is really serious. He, like you, has a thing for Joey. And well, I have a thing for you...I guess in a way we're just using each other because we're scared to be lonely." I stared down at the table in front of me thinking of all the times I had spent thinking of Tim when I was with Luke. All the times I'd had sex with him and wished I was with him instead.

"I have to go, thanks for everything." I got up quickly and zipped up my jacket before rushing out of the McDonald's. I rushed to the train station and waited impatiently for my train to come so I could go home. I could have easily taken an Uber back home, but a part of me wanted him to be able to chase me, I wanted him to come after me like they do in the movies. But this isn't a fucking movie, this is some real life shit and it never happens the way you want it to.