Chapter 2 - Friendship

Y/N's POV:
Oh..

Oh shit..

I'm in Minecraft.

How the hell am I in Minecraft?!
"What the actual hell?" I asked in anger and confusion. I had no idea what was going on and I was completely and utterly perplexed. I knew I couldn't just sit there though, so I stood up. Looking around once more, I still saw the endless plains outside of the grove of trees that covered the spot where I stood. I rubbed my eyes, as if thinking that would make everything go away. Obviously it didn't work.

"Ugh, what am I even supposed to be doing?" I demanded, ignorantly. I knew where I was. I knew I was in Minecraft, but nothing else seemed to click. "I don't remember anything?" I asked out loud, worry laced in my voice. Oh no. I don't remember how to play! This is bad. So. Bad.

I honestly didn't recall anything from my life. I just knew this wasn't where I was supposed to be. Cautiously strolling around, I glanced from left to right, making sure I didn't miss anything that could help me grasp an idea of why I was here.

Well, by the looks of it, Minecraft is somewhat of a survival game. I'd been walking for hours now and had only seen a few forests and some animals. The sun was setting now though and I didn't know what to expect when night would fall upon me. All I wanted was hope. Just a sliver. My morale was diminishing more and more with each minute of hopelessness. My clothes were stained slightly from when I had fell earlier. That definitely wasn't one of my proudest moments.

My F/C (favorite color) hoodie was a bit faded and my black jeans had grass stains on them. I had sneakers that matched the color of my sweatshirt perfectly and my H/C hair was messily flowing in the small breeze. My sneakers were also a mess though, the sides covered in muck. As the sky faded from a gradient of red-pink to orange, I sighed.

"What if I don't find shelter before the sun sets?" I asked myself out loud, clearly concerned.

"Oh, but I think you will~," a smug voice could be heard from behind.

"AHH!" I screamed as I instinctively whacked whatever was behind me.

"Ow, what the hell?!"

I turned around to see whom the voice belonged to and looked him up and down. He looked quite familiar actually. He was wearing a lime green hoodie with khaki colored cargo pants and white sneakers, visibly dirty now. He also had an odd looking mask with a smile on it that was positioned on the side of his head.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I apologized.

"Haha, it's ok. That did kind of hurt though," he gave me a taunting smile.

"Hey I know this is a bit sudden, but who are you?" I asked, "And why are we here?"

"Well, if you'd kindly stop hitting me and let me explain then I'd be happy to tell you!" He chuckled.

"Hey I said I was sorry!" I laughed. I shoved him like a younger sibling would, making our interaction a little awkward. My cheeks flushed lightly pink as I did that. Oops. I probably shouldn't have done that. But he's quite adorable though. Looking up at his emerald green eyes, I lost my train of thought. I was absolutely mesmerized by them. I was staring at him, unable to stop. Most likely blushing profusely.

"Um, hey? Hello? Anybody in there?" The boy jokingly asked.

"O-oh um yeah. Haha, sorry I just lost my train of thought," I awkwardly said, looking down, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Ok haha. Anyways, my name is Clay! And I'm not entirely sure why we're here either," he stated, looking quite genuinely puzzled.

"Hm, that's odd. I wish we knew. But I'm Y/N!" I said cheerfully.