VI. Goodbye

The tension around Snazan as she kept walking around her warderobe and bags, collecting her stuff was unbelivable. 

"You're really unpacking and packing yourself for the third time istead of sleeping?" Louella said from across the the room, sitting on Saz's bed with arms and legs crossed.

"You know I'm not the sleeper and tonight I wouldn't sleep a wink." Saz said not giving her a look. What she said was straight up true. Dark circles almost never leaved her eyes. Though she seemed used to functioning like this. "Have you ever felt like something just tore your mind and saw something even you didn't know existed there?"

"Yes, I feel that everyday. Pretty usual." Lou said.

Saz stopped then and finally looked at her. "Funny." She strongly emphasized the word.

"Fine, sorry, I'm just mad that you didn't tell me before." 

Louella bumped into Snazan at the hallway, while walking from the ball to her room to change her dress. Having only one for tonight was too far below her abilities and honor. 

Seeing Snazan for first time since few days and sensing drama got her asking several questions. And finally Saz spilled the truth what just happened. Lou was so shocked after the "I'm leaving to the Silent Assasins" part that she gave up on changing her dress and put on more convenient clothes right before she furiously marched back to Snazan.

The princess put away piece of clothing she was currently holding.

Lou was looking straight into her eyes. "Don't you belive I would understand?"

Saz sat down next to her. Lou let her gather thoughts and after a dozen of minutes her cousin turned to her and said: "It wasn't like that, Lou. I was just afraid that everyone would start to inquire what's happening and first of I don't know if I could handle that pressure cause there's really nothing I can say to you all as I don't know myself what's happening to me." She let out in one breath. "I..." she turned away from her and swallowed.

Lou put a hand on her shoulder to encourage her. She squezed a little bit.

Then Saz continoued in a hushed voice. "I didn't want everything that is haunting me to affect you and the rest. And I still don't want it. That's why I'm leaving. And I'm sorry I haven't told you sooner." 

Louella rubbed comfortly her hand on her best friend's shoulder. "It's okay, Saz. None stops you. If you want it then do what you please. And when you decide to share with us everything we will welcome you with open arms."

Saz send her a thankful and bit tired smile. 

"But you really need some sleep. It's the middle of the night." Lou said leaning her head over and arm, on which she had hand moments before. 

"You're also not sleeping." Her cousin laughted. 

"I'm not the one who have to ride on a wyvers half a day tommorow." Actually that was the part that Lou was jealous of right now. Saz will fly with Manon to Briacriff and rest of the route she will do the rest of the route on horseback.

"Go to hell" Saz said and pushed Lou off her and got up. But finally there was a smile on her face. 

Louella's gaze caught one thing when she laughted. "Aren't you taking those things with you?" She pointed with her head at the box of metal parts standing under Saz's cluttered desk. 

The princess had quite a knack for thinkering. For Lou this was the part of her that deserved more attention, but Saz always delayed sharing her inventions and seemed not to take this hobby seriously herself.