VII. I can't save you

Nyx looked with dissapointed eyes at his reflection in the mirror. He ran his hand throught his dark, messy and, still wet after shower, hair. His body has changed drastically through last years, muscles atrophied greatly. He must have weighted three times less than he used to. 

He abandoned the idea he talked about with Asra. First of he didn't have any ideas and second of he wasn't able to think about anything connected to ruling this court for more than few hours. And it was that way for four years now.

After a loud sigh he turned around and slipped into casual pants. His vision swayed sightly.

Going out to the balcony of his small apartment, overlooking at Sidra, he heard Zaire's voice behind him.

Somehow Zai always knew where to find him.

I shouldn't have given him keys.

Though without Zai's unexpected visits, he would never get over his worst moments of addictions.

"I love you, but can you put a shirt just once when I get here."

Nyx wasn't in mood for any jokes and his bitter voice answered. "It's summer. We have the right to be too hot." Eventually he took a simple shirt and put it on. His magic helped him fasten the fabric parts next to his wings.

-

Small, thin, blue form hid behind auntie Mor's legs, looking from Nyx's face to his wings, thight on his back.

"Zaire, this is Nyx , your new friend and family" His auntie crouched down. "Come on, don't be so shy, he's friendly and don't bite" Mor forgot to add "usally", but even without it Zaire looked like he rather would run from him.

Little Nyx turned face to his parents. They expressed something, what told Nyx, that he should just greed to Zaire. It somehow make him more brave

"He could be my friend" - Nyx thought and with those worlds in his mind he took slow step forward and reached out small hand to Zaire. He didn't have friends. Kids were afraid of him even if their parents were not.

Blue boy after few seconds of waiting in suspense leaned and carefully took Nyx's hand. Next of his words confirmed, that he thought the same.

"Hi.... winged boy"

-

From former, shy, uncentrain Zaire was almost nothing left.

"You were at The Down Court, right?"

Nyx slumped into the dark, quilted armchair and rested his head on his hand. He rolled his blue eyes.

"Why am I asking, of course you were." Zaire jumped into same, standing beside chair. 

Prince of The Night was going to The Down Court only for three things. Drugs, alcohol and sex. 

Four years ago, he almost didn't leave that place. He moved away from the family and went off the deep end. It was worse with him than with Nesta. All that untill three years ago High Lord Thesan find out who's messing around his court and, after notifying his father, Lord kicked him out.

It was quite a scandal for all Prythian. Everyone expected that his parents would remove his heir title, but to make matters worse, it didn't happened. 

His family gave him a second chance. Probably they would gave him hundreads of chances, hoping that he will change. Nyx suspected that it was not necessarily because of love. 

For him it was because he was Rhysand's and Feyre's child.

Son of a fucking saviors have to be a savior sooner or later, right?