Chapter 28: Wedding Bells In The Woods

The wedding took place on Sai-Rin's 18th birthday, under a willow tree in the same forest Alastor and Sai-Rin had their little cottagecore picnic. Everyone was looking forward to the beautiful moment when Alastor and Sai-Rin would be united. The entire area was silent. "Do I look ok, Husker?" Alastor asked, tugging at the collar of his dress shirt. "For the last time, Al. You look fine." Just as Husk said those words, the willow branches parted, revealing Niffty with a basket of flower petals, Vaggie and Angel in matching pink and grey dresses, and finally, Sai-Rin on Richard's arm.

Alastor felt as though his heart had stopped altogether as he laid eyes on his bride. The dress she was wearing was a beautiful red velvet gown, the veil upon her head lifted by the gentle breeze.

Sai-Rin walked slowly closer to the man who would soon be her husband, the lovesick smile on her face growing wider by the second

Sai-Rin walked slowly closer to the man who would soon be her husband, the lovesick smile on her face growing wider by the second. Richard laid Sai-Rin's hand in Alastor's and took a seat next to Bella. Charlie stood between Sai-Rin and Alastor, and began to speak. "Friends and family, marriage is what brings us together on this day. True love is not easily found in Hell, but these two demons have proved that it is possible." Charlie turned to Alastor, a soft smile on her doll-like face. "Alastor, do you take Sai-Rin to be your wife, to love her as she loves you, and to be there for her through any hardship?"

Alastor gazed deeply into Sai-Rin's eyes. "I do." he said. Charlie turned to Sai-Rin, and asked the same thing of her. Sai-Rin felt a single tear slide down her cheek. "I do." she replied. The rings were presented, and as they were placed, Charlie pronounced Sai-Rin and Alastor husband and wife.

Sai-Rin wrapped her arms around Alastor's neck. "Kiss the bride, Honey." Alastor smirked, taking Sai-Rin's face in his hands. "Don't mind if I do, Darling." And with that, Alastor kissed Sai-Rin's lips for the first time as her husband. Sai-Rin leaned in closer, deepening the kiss as everyone cheered.

As the newlyweds parted from the kiss, Sai-Rin's smile faltered. "Alastor...you're crying..." she whispered. Alastor sniffled, not bothered by the tears running down his cheeks. "I'm just so happy that you're all mine, my dearest Little Love..." Sai-Rin smiled as they began their first dance as husband and wife. "Oh, Alastor..."