December 10th

December 10th:

Jaymi P.O.V

“I thought you said four days! It’s been 10 now! 10! We could be in a cabin right now decorating our Christmas tree if that damn tow truck guy knew how to keep a promise!” Olly ranted while walking up and down the aisle of the bus. “Agreed! I’m cold, hungry and this isn’t what I expected when George said a month holiday in a cabin far away from fans!” he kept pacing back and forth between the quite worn out seats on each sides of the aisle. “OLLY! STOP THAT! You are driving me mad with your pacing back and forth!” “Sorry I...”

He was interrupted by a loud ‘BEEP!’ sound. We looked confused at each other before running outside where we were met by the tow truck guy.

Half an hour later the bus was fixed and we were on our way to the cabin. Only 10 days later than we originally should have arrived.

When we got there, we grabbed all the suitcases from the trunk and went inside. This place is huge.

Well it should be it has 7 rooms, one of each of the couples, Josh and Harry, 6 bathrooms, a huge dining room, 3 living rooms and a huge kitchen.

We dumped the luggage in the front living room and went out to get a tree. It took a while but after searching through at least 100 trees we found the perfect one. It wasn’t too big or too small, it was simply perfect.

After dragging it back to the cabin and finding the stand for it, we started to decorate it so that it would be ready when the others started to appear.

We decided to go with a red and gold theme and started with the Christmas lights. My mom always told me to put the lights on before the decorations that way you prevent them from breaking or burning. I can still hear her yell at me; “Jaymi the lights you forgot the lights! What do I tell you every Christmas? The light has to be first or the decorations will burn or break!”

I laughed at the memory as I placed the last wire from the lights on the floor.

“What’s so funny?” Olly looks at me a bit too amused. “I just remembered something my mom used to tell me each year when we decorated the Christmas tree...” “The lights first story?” “Yup!”

We spend the next few hours’ decorating the tree with red and gold ornaments, tinsel and braided paper hearts. When it was done, we started with the rest of the building. In the end there were fairy lights and candles everywhere and above the fire place there were 12 stockings hanging neatly.

After finishing up we decided to watch Love Actually and cuddled up together on the couch in front of the fire place and started the best Christmas movie ever!