We're Pregnant!

Two weeks later, January 28, 2039, Audrey and Peyton's Townhouse, Los Angeles, California

Two weeks after finding out they were expecting, Audrey and Peyton decided to tell their family that they were expecting. It has been overwhelming lately, knowing they're actually pregnant. Audrey is now 8 weeks pregnant. Peyton and Audrey had their first appointment yesterday. Everything looks great. They decided it was finally time to tell their families that they're expecting their first child. Life is already crazy enough, but at least Peyton isn't working the night shifts anymore so that makes Audrey feel better. 

They decided to take photos to announce their pregnancy. They woke up at 8AM and Audrey woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon cooking. She sat up, rubbed her eyes and slowly got out of bed and suddenly, she felt sick to her stomach again. She rushed to the bathroom and began throwing up. She sighed deeply, trying to catch her breath.

Peyton heard her in their bathroom. He rushed into their bathroom and bent behind her and began rubbing her back. "Deep breathes, baby."

Audrey nodded her head as she took a few deep breaths before speaking up. "Sorry. I just got sick..."

Peyton nodded his head. "It's fine, baby. You're pregnant. You are having morning sickness. That's normal, sweetheart."

Audrey sighed as she wiped her mouth with toilet paper. "But, it's gross...I don't want you to see me like this..."

He shook his head. "Auds, I've had blood on me. I've had threw up on me. I've had people curse at me telling me they didn't want open heart surgery. The list goes on, babe. This is no different. You're my wife, you're carrying our baby. I want to be the one holding your hair back. We're in this together."

She knew he was right. She did. Her husband was in medical school to become a heart surgeon. He has had so many other people's blood on him that this shouldn't bother him, and it doesn't. Life is about to get crazy for them with a pregnancy. "Thank you, Peyton. I really should remember that you are here for me."

He smiled at his wife. "Of course I am, baby girl. You're my wife. I'm here forever." He said, helping her up from the floor and walked with her to the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?"

Audrey nodded her head. "Of course I am. I'm feeding for two now, babe." She said, sitting at the bar. "I can't wait to tell our families today. I wonder what they'll say."

Peyton laughed. "My mom has been asking me about when she's going to be a grandmother. She's really excited to become one I guess."

Audrey chuckled. "What did you say to her?"

Peyton laughed as he placed the pancakes and bacon on two plates. "I didn't say anything. I think she's catching on about you possibly being pregnant."

Audrey laughed too. "Well, I am, so she's going to be so excited."

Peyton smiled. "Yes, she will be."

°°°

A few hours later, they decided to get the photos done to announce their pregnancy.