Prologue

~10 years ago~

"M-mom, Dad?"
It was a cold night, and Neko's life had just fallen apart. About 5 minutes ago, he had been enjoying the feeling of snowflakes falling on his face, and making snow angels in the backyard of his large house. All he was doing, was being a kid and enjoying himself. His mom was bringing him a glass of hot cocoa when the doorbell rang. His father, who had been sitting in his study, working, decided to answer it. Even though Neko was blind, and was far from the door, he had heard the door creak open and a single gunshot. His mom ran to his side, from the porch, kneeled down, and whispered one word to him.

"Hide." He blindly stumbled into the area to the side of his backyard and hid behind something. When he heard the door close again, he ran to go find his mom. She was gone. His mother was gone without even saying goodbye, and he had no idea what happened. He called the police and ran to his father as he took his last breaths. The night was then silent, almost eerie. That is, until the cries of the 5-year-old. He hadn't seen the murder but had heard the pained gasping of his father and felt the warm, sticky blood he was kneeling in. The police arrived and took him into temporary custody, before placing him in a family that would take care of him.Besides that family, nobody knew. He spent every hour he could away from everyone, curled up in his room, until the family's little girl managed to befriend him. Every night, he would lie awake in bed wondering, why? Why did he deserve to be blind? Why did he have to have his parents taken from him ? His own father was murdered in front of him, his mother was missing, and he couldn't do anything about it. Despite the young age, Neko had a plan to make the world better, and he would stop at nothing to accomplish it. He was going to be a hero, and try to prevent this misfortune from happening to anyone else. One thing was for sure. The world had already taken lots from him, and he wasn't going to let it take any more from anyone else. The time had come for a change to be made, and if nobody was going to do it, he had to step up and do it for them.