Chapter one - Remember those days...

The rain was storming down, but that was something that couldn't care Aubrey less. She was meditating, and wouldn't stop just because of the rain. The rain would come, and leave. It will never be here forever, but it will leave again soon.

Suddenly, Aubrey heard something. But it wasn't anything big. It was just her daily dose of being bullied. It happened everyday, all the time. Aubrey was a girl you could pick on, and bully, if you wanted to be popular. But although she had trained all her life, and is really strong, she doesn't fight back.

"Look! It's the freak!" A boy shouted, as he ran closer to Aubrey. She breathed in, and closed her eyes. She stood up, and didn't mind the rain making her as wet as she could get. Her brown curly hair was getting smooth, and her clothes was all wet. It would take hours to dry. She just stood there, freezing, and thinking of the old days. When she had a friend. When she was younger. Her buddy.

"Aubrey! What's wrong?" He ran towards her, and embraced her. She wasn't crying, because she never cries. But he still knew something was wrong. He always knew when something was wrong. And something now was. She opened her mouth. "Nothing." She whispered, as he looked her in the eye. "I know you're lying," he sighed, as he began again, "Are you being bullied?" He asked whispering. She sighed, she didn't wanted him to know, but she didn't wanted to lie to him either. "The truth is always better." She looked at him, and smiled. Then it disappeared. A simple nod coming from her, was answer enough to him. He saw it quickly, and as Aubrey closed her eyes, trying hard not to cry, he embraced her in the warmest hug ever. She began to panic, but that was never good. "Aubrey, easy." He tried helping her, as he always did. She began to breathe heavily, as she closed her eyes. "Aubrey, look at me." She looked at him, and calmed down. Then she closed her eyes. She never felt this way around any other person. There were something special about her buddy. Her best, and only friend...

"Hey freak? Anyone home? Or is it true that you don't have a brain?" The other boys and girls began laughing. Aubrey sighed, as she thought about her buddy. She never knew his real name. And she probably wasn't going to know it. Like, ever.

The boys and girls walked closer, ready to kick and punch Aubrey. She was getting used to it. It had been going on for, who knows how long? The boy who was closest to Aubrey, began punching her. She felt a kick in the stomach, but didn't react.

She thought about the days, when she used to train with her buddy. He never punched to hard, but neither to calm. Her master would have told him to go harder, but he always refused. Then he smiled at her, and of course she smiled back.

"Hey guys! I think it's a robot!" The guy who kicked her, shouted. Somehow Aubrey though of a word, that she never though she would use. Revenge. She was tired of being pushed around with, tired of being bullied. Tired of everyone calling her 'Freak'. Even tired of life...

Aubrey remembered one time, when she fainted. She was outside, in the stunning sun... The sun was shining right down at her, as she walked towards the lake. The lake was filled with ducks, and swans. When she was small, many children still bullied her. And that became a problem, because when she was alone, they usually came and bullied her. She was at the edge of the lake, as she felt some hands on her back. The person who was behind her, pushed her into the lake. She still couldn't swim, so she was almost drowning. But the lucky thing, was that she got rescued, by her buddy. Like her buddy's father saved her when she was a newborn baby, her buddy saved her when she was drowning. When he pulled her up, she was already fainted, so he took her home. When they came home, she woke up, and then she explained everything. She never told her buddy that she was getting bullied, like never. But when she had to explain how she fell into the lake, she couldn't lie to her best and only friend. Her buddy.

Aubrey was in a whole other world, so she couldn't feel when some other person, punched her in the jaw. "Hey!" The shouting came from another boy, who nobody knew. He had light brown hair, and blue eyes. Stunning blue eyes, like Aubrey's old best buddy had. He walked closer, and looked angry at the bullies.

"Stop it I said!" He hissed, at a boy who walked towards Aubrey. He sure wanted to punch or kick her. "Who do you think you are? A superhero?" A popular boy asked. "No, I think I'm a samurai ranger." He answered, and that lit up Aubrey's face.

A samurai ranger. Her old buddy's father was one. Yeah, was. When he defeated the nighlok, he had to pay a price. And he didn't survive... Her buddy was so sad afterwards, and also sad because her master was going to send her away.

"Whatcha gonna do about it, ranger?" Another boy shouted, and everyone began laughing, except for Aubrey and the mysterious boy. "You can't just bully a beautiful girl like that. What have she ever done to you?!" He was getting annoyed, everyone could see that, or hear it, if you are blind. But no one ever called Aubrey beautiful before, so that was new for everyone.

"What she have done? She got born!" It sounded like it was the funniest joke they've ever heard, because all the bullies laughed really hard. Aubrey sighed, as she looked at the ground. She always got told that she wasn't any useful, and that she didn't deserve to live. That was her life. And if she didn't like it, then she could just end it. That was what people tells her. Well, what bullies tells her.

It wasn't raining anymore. One of the boy's phone rang, and that boy mumbled something into another boy's ear. It sounded a bit like, "me house for tonight, like tonight, like now." They began to walk away. "Next time you won't get away this easily, ranger!" The mysterious boy looked at Aubrey. Her clothes were a little dried now, but her hair were still wet, but a bit curly.

Aubrey whispered a, "thank you for helping me," as she closed her eyes. "That was nothing, but why did they do that?" Aubrey shook her head, as she opened her eyes. The mysterious boy had walked closer to her, as she opened her mouth. She was going to say something, when-