Chapter five - New beginning

Aubrey and the Rangers got closer and closer for everyday, and when the final battle entered, everyone knew, that maybe they wouldn't see each other ever again.

But that was a sad thought, and Aubrey didn't like sad thoughts. She had had enough of them already! So she begun to think of times when she was with her six friends, either playing, or talking about other times, they had fun. It was some of the best days in her life.

And maybe also the Rangers best days of their life's. But what he had to do now, was to fight, and not stop, before she... D-Di.. Or before they won.

Hopefully no one would get harmed, and everyone would survive this nightmare, but Aubrey felt she was weakened for every minute that passed.

"Aubrey! Behind you!" Mike shouted, worried that Aubrey wouldn't make it. Lately she's been... Off.

Aubrey got hit hard on her arm, but she did make it. She smiled at Mike, even though she wasn't okay. But he knew that. He could see it. Everyone could see it. But none of them wanted it to be true.

Aubrey closed her eyes for a moment, to think of some of the best days she had with Mike. She had many, but the best one, always crossed her mind when she looked at Mike.

But when she was going to tell Mike what's with her... He obviously won't smile his charming and heart warming smile. At least not before Aubrey can call herself 'okay' again.

She opened her eyes, just in time to see a nighlook, trying to attack her. She dodged the attack, and attacked the nighlook, which made him fall.

Aubrey closed her eyes again, and now begun to drift to dream land, while standing in a war zone, where nighlook's could easily hurt her. But all she wanted to do before everything else happened, was to live a few memories, which was her best.

6 memories waited in line, and the first one she went to, was the red one. The first one.

"Buddy wait!" She stumbled to her feet, as she ran away from the evil nighlook's. He didn't wait for her. He ran away, leaving her to the nighlook's.

It was breaking her heart, that he didn't even hesitate to run away. He just did it. Not because he thought she was safe. But because he knew she was behind.

"Aubrey! Aubrey! Aubrey wake up! Wake up already!" She felt something shaking her, and her eyes shot open. She immediately hugged her buddy, realising that it was only a nightmare she had tried to run away from. But she didn't flee. Her buddy saved her.

Aubrey looked to her right. A nighlook ran to her, ready to attack. Aubrey jumped in the air, dodging every attack now and then, and when the nighlook felt tired, she attacked. She kicked it in its stomach, and put her sword through its heart.

She looked for Jayden, and saw him fighting a nighlook too. But he defeated it way too easily. Well, he defeated it faster than Aubrey could ever do herself.

"Buddy you've gotten stronger," she whispered to no one, but her buddy, in her head.

Memories entered her mind, and once again she drifted back to dream-land. Before she didn't finish the memory, she needed to see it again.

To feel her buddy's warm body against hers. To feel the warmth of his heart, warming hers.

"Wow wow, slow down. What's wrong?" He knew something was wrong, and boy oh boy, something was! "I- nothing." She kept her mouth shut, in attempt not to cry. The dream felt so real, even though she knew her buddy would never run from her, letting her stay behind.

"Aubrey I know something's wrong. You can tell me, you know right?" She nodded slowly, before starting to tell her buddy everything. And how she felt.

"Aubrey you know that I would never let you stay behind, right?" She nodded weakly, because she was still tired. "You tired?" She nodded again, yawning. "Then let's go to bed." "But we just woke up-" "shh." He shushed her, putting a finger in front of her mouth.

He led her to their masters room, and he pulled something out of his pocket. "Buddy, what's tha-" "shh." He shushed her again, but this time putting a finger over his mouth, and not hers.

She nodded slowly, trying not to yawn again. "Here.." He whispered, and closed their masters door. He tried not to make a sound. He then put the key into the keyhole, and turned it to the right.

It made a 'click' sound, and suddenly someone banged the door with his hands. Their mater had woken up by the sound, but they didn't bother to open. Now they ran to their room, and fell asleep.

Her head laying on his shoulder, and his head on her head. "I love you Aubrey," she didn't hear him, because she was already drifted to sleep, but she already knew that he did love her, and he knew that she loved him.

Authors note:
Hi there guys! Please read the new description I made for this book. Not really because I am going to change the story line, but because I wrote down thing you should know.