Chapter 18: Birthday

(Louis POV))

After Lila had tended to my bruise, we didn't talk for a few days. And any time we were at the house alone, it was very awkward.

It was like she was avoiding me at all costs, though I couldn't blame her, I was doing the same. But now it was Issie's birthday. Mum and Dad planned to surprise her with a cake and some goodies at home.

Issie came home from university, just for the weekend. I hadn't seen her since the day Lila arrived, and a lot of stuff had happened since then.

I really did treasure our relationship, though I would never let her know so.

Lila, Mum, Dad, Millie, and I were all situated in front of the countertop in the kitchen. We were doing our best to hide the cake and presents, though you could see a balloon popping out above our heads.

Issie had texted that she would be home in 20 minutes so we all rushed to get the house situated. We even invited her friends over and they were hiding all over the place.

Suddenly, we heard the sound of the front door lock turning, and out came Issie.

"SURPRISE!!!" Everyone shouted in unison, Mum and Dad went up to her and smothered her with kisses, to which she groaned with disgust as the rest of us giggled.

After cutting the cake and passing out presents, Issie and her friends took the tube to the eye of London. Lila and I were caught cleaning up the mess of the celebration, and not a word was spoken.

"So." I started at an attempt to make conversation.

"So?" Lila asked, startled at the sound of my voice.

Trying to get rid of the awkwardness,
"Well, I'm going to the skate park in about half an hour. Care to join me?"

"Sorry Lou, I've got homework. Plus I promised Millie I'd tutor her."

"Oh, that's alright. Have fun." Embarrassing.

"Yeah.. you too." I couldn't wait till the awkwardness between us disappeared, it was getting unbearable.

HI LOL THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT SHORTTTT CUZ I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO BLOODY IDEA WHAT TO WRITE