Chapter 28: Ice Queen

(Louis POV)

Lila was leaving in a week for home, and I had to admit I would miss her a lot. Stuff had been very uncomfortable between the two of us lately, and it was scaring me.

I hoped we would be on good terms before she left, not that we weren't now but.. things were weird that's for sure. We still hung out but sometimes our conversations would just die in the middle, and we'd just walk together awkwardly.

Lila would be gone for 2 weeks, and hell I was going to miss her. Lately I didn't hang out with Sam as much, his crush on Lila kind of weirded me out and created this strange distance between us.

He'd always ask me to bring his name up in a conversation with her, I told him I would but for some reason I just didn't want to.

Lila was too good for him, that much I knew. And I'm not trying to be rude, I love Sam I do, but he can be very... arrogant and awkward and makes way too many sexual jokes.

Plus, the lad could get any girl he wanted, why did he have to choose Lila? I did understand her appeal, but I'm very possessive of the people who have been so generously granted my company and I wasn't going to let him steal her from me.

I started to avoid him all together, not wanting to talk about Lila because that seemed to be the only conversation he could think of. Sometimes that guy was braindead, it was hard for him to take a hint.

But I wasn't going to just flat out tell him to stop talking about Lila! I wouldn't be mean like that.

Anyways, I was really excited to give Lila her Christmas present. Due to the problem of her being across the country for Christmas, my family and her decided to exchange gifts just before her departure for the states.

To be honest, I was quite tempted to sneak a peak at what she got for me. The girl could be very thoughtful when she wanted to be, so I was almost 100% sure that her gift would outshine me by a thousand suns.

And that is the only reason I was tempted to peek, just to make sure my present for her was just as good, if not better. Now you're probably wondering, oh my god Louis what did you get the bloody girl??? Just tell us already you dick!

I got her a Christmas themed picture frame, the picture I snapped of her when I tickled her to the point of hyperventilating placed inside. And no this is not all I got, I'm not entirely an idiot you know?

A/N: If you dont get the fucking reference then click out of this book right fucking now because u have no right to be here <33 much love xx

I also got her a ukulele because she told me about how cute and angelic they sounded. I remember staring at her while she went on and on about how healing music is. All I listen to is the Call Me By Your Name soundtrack, and a bunch of 80s bands. But it was mesmerizing to hear someone talk so passionately about something I once thought was so simple.

Turns out, making music is in fact not simple. It's not just about the lyrics, because you can have amazing lyrics and have a terrible song. According to Lila, songs go through multiple processes before they're actually released and it takes a lot of love and teamwork.

I don't know if she wants a career in music or it just fascinates her, but I didn't have a care in the world.

To tell you the truth, I could listen to that girl talk for hours and hours no matter the subject. Something about her voice and the raspiness of it was just so pure and soothingly perfect.

Lila is also a big reader, I got a sneak peak of her reading list in the notes app of her phone and somehow managed to memorize it. There is a bookstore just a 10 minute stroll from our home so about a week ago I went over there, searching for the books.