Chapter 22: Bunny

After Louis' and I's very awkward conversation, I decided to join my mom downstairs. She sat in front of the television, still drinking her coffee.

"Hey mom!" I said as she turned to face me.

"Hey Lil Bunny." Mom always called me that because when I was younger I carried a stuffed bunny around wherever I went.

My heart jumped at the nickname, she hadn't called me that in so long.

Smiling at her I went and grabbed a mug from the cupboard. Setting it on the counter and opening the fridge for some milk, I made conversation.

"So. I'm leaving in a few days." I hummed to her, pouring the milk in my mug.

"Yes, I know. I have plans" My mother winked at me before chuckling lightly.

Well nonetheless the next few days would be eventful for me.

And that they were. The next few days my mom took me around California. I visited some friends, except Dory and Mina of course.

I even came by the school to see my teachers, I stared longingly at the classrooms. Never thought I'd miss it so much but now that I'm back, it feels that way.

Part of me didn't want to go back to London, but I knew that if I spent more than a few days at home I'd be longing to be somewhere else again.

It was a temporary type of bliss, one that I was grateful to have for the time being.

It was finally time for me to return to London. Mom and her boyfriend broke up a month ago, and I talked to her about it. I hated leaving her there all alone, but she assured me that she would be fine.

...

"Make sure you do the laundry. And don't go in my room." I ordered, dragging my suitcase down the stairs with my mom following behind me.

"Hold on, last time I checked I was the adult here."
We both giggled at that, I guess I had matured quite a bit on my own.

"I just wanna make sure you stay safe! I'll ask Mina to check up on you quite often." Now we were standing in front of the door, slipping on our shoes.

"Oh please, I can take care of myself. Now you stay safe and let me know when you land okay? I love you bunny." Pressing her lips to my forehead gently she helped my bags into the car.

"I will. I promise, I love you."

"I love you too bunny."

zee speaks!!
ok so this was a really short filler but i'm at my friends house and i'll be going home soon!! just wanted to give y'all SOMETHING cuz i felt bad for not updating :,)