Chapter 1: Smoked

A green haired boy shook a spray paint can and taped up his stencils to a billboard. He prepared himself to tag the sign as he did many times prior. He smiled, as his art piece began to come together. He threw his cigarette to the floor and stomped it out, this kind of thing required his full attention.

The boy was adorned in a black beanie, a denim vest, with a forest green hoodie underneath, black jeans, and red high-tops. "Comfy" stuff he could wear that could also get a little dirty and no one would care. Not like anyone had anything to say to the boy anyways, he was a bit of a "rebel" or "outcast".

The boy's name was Izuku Midoriya. In this quirked world he was one of the many few quirk users who were outcasts within society. He was bullied for years for his quirk.

The name of the boy's quirk was, "Verbatim". It allowed him to use and retain other people's quirks as his own, granted they were severely weaker than the original. He was labelled as a copycat, and tormented in his early years for it.

He had been bullied and attacked for having such a quirk, and not only that laws were in place that stopped him from using his quirk as it became seen as theft.

The boy soon began to isolate himself, rarely speaking to people and even taking up habits such as spray painting, and smoking cigarettes. His lungs be damned, it's not like he cared.

He already had ingested enough smoke from some blonde bastard that was his number one tormentor. Explosions honestly caused the boy stress, but in this hero filled society it was like common ground to see or hear an explosion.

Despite all the odds against him, the boy had an ambition, a dream to become a pro hero like those he'd admired for years. All Might, who was his biggest idol, was someone he aspired to be. Someone he always wanted to be like.

He was the number one hero in Japan, and many looked up to him as his feats as a hero were nearly unheard of for other people. It really seemed like he could do it all.

Hence why the boy was tagging an All Might billboard at that very moment. The boy was spraying over it with his own mural; it looked as if he was making All Might into two falcons fighting for dominance. One red, and one blue.

They were fighting for what justice they believed in. It was quite symbolic of society. He had just gotten out of school and spotted this billboard, of course he just had to tag it.

The boy rolled up the sleeves to his hoodie, revealing a tattoo he had received at a party one year. It happened too quickly for him to remember, but it was something he cherished deeply. It held special meaning to him.

"If art is a crime, then just-" The boy said begining to talk to himself before hearing a loud thud behind him. He quickly whipped around to see All Might himself standing behind him, and smoking.

The two locked eyes, and Izuku was bewildered. Was he here to stop him, or was it something else? Why was All Might even here in Shizuoka!?

"Um-" All Might began to speak before a cloud of smoke consumed him, and suddenly the smoke began to pool off the side of the building. That was odd... The man that was left was scrawny and looked sickly. Surely this couldn't be All Might, could it?

"A-A-All Might!?" Izuku questioned, baffled at the fact his life long hero secretly looked like this. The man coughed up blood, and cleared his throat roughly. He looked horrible.

"Uh, yeah." He said, looking at Izuku's mural behind him. "So you're the guy painting over all my billboards."

Izuku flinched, but nodded sheepishly. "Yeah.. Sorry about that. I'm just such a huge fan, and I can't really help myself."