8. Together?

A/N In case the video drops out it is Guy Sebastian's song "Standing with you tonight."

We arrived at Missy's home, and she had set up dinner outside so that the kids could watch the chickens. They absolutely loved it!

Out of nowhere Missy asked "Ramone, Are your kids like you?" Meaning are they wolf children.

"Chris will be one day, I don't know about Delia yet. Having a human mother can affect the chances. All males by me will be, females are hit and miss, unless it is a pack female. I will find out when she's a teenager. "

I wondered about her children and why they were not here. Missy must have felt me wondering as she said "I only have Nell, her husband and children here now the boys went off to live elsewhere at the moment. Though James is finally talking about building a house here too. I don't miss the teenager years at all."

We talked about other things and it was like we had been together for years instead of separated by circumstances.
Next minute Missy's eyes glaze over in pain, I thought "uh oh, what is going to happen now... I don't want to go... if I leave now, I might go back to wallowing and, I don't want that."

"Sorry Ramone, I need to lie down. Would you mind walking me in?" Missy asked looking unsteady.

My children looked crestfallen.

To my surprise I hear Missy say "If you all want, you can stay, there's enough beds for you. "

The kids look at me hopefully "Thanks Mum Missy, can we please Dad?"

As it was getting Dark, and I knew that the chooks had to be shut in, I made the excuse "Sure, if you shut those chooks in. They are making my wolf excited and that is something that I can do without!"

So they ran off to do that on their 4-year-old and 2-year-old legs to do just that.

I help Missy to her room and see a single bed and a double bed. "Ahh, which bed do I help you to?" I ask confused as I had never seen her room before, her door had always been shut.

"Whichever " Missy said tiredly not thinking at all with her pain "I use both."

I pick her up and placed her on the double bed. I was relieved that I had kept up my exercise regime that I had started, after the day out with her and her children, as she was not light but I wanted her to feel that way.
She passed out immediately. I stroked her head, then left to wash up and sort out my children.

I found some old kid's clothes that fitted my kids and got them showered and changed. They were probably Nell's children's clothes. I read them a story from the multitude of books Missy had kept, and they fell asleep happy.

I went out to the lounge and turned off the light deciding on what to do. Do I sleep next to Missy or sleep in another room? I dropped the idea of another room straight up, knowing that it would be impossible to sleep if I wasn't, at the very least, in the same room as her.

I could sleep on the single bed next to her...but my wolf wasn't happy with that. Instead, I figured I would change into my wolf and sleep next to her. It was as best I could come up with as I really wanted to be next to her touching her, loving her. So that is what I did.

I woke to the sound of a gasp next to me. I turned to look at Missy and as I looked at her my tail wagged in pleasure at being next to her. She looked confused and worried so I changed back to a human. This seemed to fluster her more.

"Shh, Missy, it's ok, I'm not going to do anything, but honestly woman I have been waiting for you for 36 years now, I just wanted to be with you for once."