3. The next stage

We ended up in Cairns at some point and realised that this was the area that we could bring our pack to. There was plenty of opportunity for each of the skill sets they had and I was able to take over a successful business there.

We first bought the business, then a small home. Once we had achieved that we bought out a couple more of our pack. We pooled our resources and eventually ended up with other bigger places. We paid cash for everything as no bank would lend to us until we were citizens of Australia. Unfortunately, by the time the banks would lend us money we had no use for them.

About 7 years later a church on the beach came up for sale and we as a pack decided to purchase it and ask the minister to keep preaching there for us. To our surprise he agreed. He was an older man whose family were in the area and he didn't want to move, which was required by the church he was working for.

All through this time, I studied and pursued things that interested me. With my business doing well I was able to do this. My favourite past time was watching the whales and somehow ended up with a PhD in marine biology and business as a result of both my hobby and business. I ended up getting a regular retainer from the coast guard to watch and report on the whales when I lived there. I don't know what they did after I left though.

I became aware of a leasehold sale from the government for one of the Hinchinbrook islands. You were allowed only one dwelling on it and it had to be removed upon the end of the lease, the environment around the house site was to remain pristine. I talked it over with the pack and we decided to offer a tender on the leasehold so that we had a safe area to bring our teenagers who were due to get their wolves. We Thanked God for the acceptance by the government for our tender. We truly believed that he was providing for our future, here in Australia.

I had forgotten by then about what God taught about sexual purity in this time and let myself be distracted by one of the young wolf pack girls, Jade, who had determinedly been chasing me for years trying to win my heart. I told Jade from the outset of our relationship that I had already found my Luna and that she would never be that to me. She laughed in disbelief.

"You can't have, you don't carry the mark!" She replied scornfully.

I told her "my mark for Missy is on my heart, that is enough for me. If you still want to have sex with me, you have to know that for me it will be just that and I will never have a child or bond with you."

Jade didn't believe me but moved into my bed until I met up with Daniel and Missy again at church. She was there when Missy's and my eyes met again and recognised for herself that I had been telling her the truth about Missy. Everyone there that day recognised Missy as my Luna.

I was doubly surprised to hear that this visit was triggered by Daniel's curiosity not Missy's to see if we were here. I could not help but feel disappointed in that.

I didn't tell Jade to go, but as soon as she recognised that I had been telling the truth she left, packed her bags and returned to her family. She let me know that she had gone by our pack head speak.

Tracey and I chatted with Missy and Daniel for ages at the church, the minister eventually telling us to go home so he could lock up. I invited them back to Tracey's and my home.

Tracey silently asked me via the wolf link "Is this wise? What about Jade?"
I answered back "Jade has left, she told me so about a half hour ago. She finally accepted what I said was true."

When we arrived home, Daniel and I had a really good conversation. Though, disturbingly, he kept calling me Missy's boyfriend, not my name. I didn't know what to do, or even think, when he did that, so I just looked at him. In our conversation he reminded me about waiting for the right person as it feels so much better when you were finally with them, as there is a trust that can't exist otherwise. I guess it was his way of telling me save myself for Missy as she was faithful to him, it would not be fair on her to have a second husband who thought nothing of sleeping with others. I decided then, I would wait for her, no matter what. Fools and their dreams, right?

I saw Tracey, Missy and her children get on really well and Missy asked Tracey if she could stay in touch with her. Tracey agreed. When I asked Tracey for Missy's details too, she refused. She had the hide to say "If your Luna hasn't given you her details you can't have them."
I sighed as I knew that she was correct, Missy would have given them to me if she had wanted me to have them.

As my job with the whales started conflicting with my land based business, I started thinking more and more about an easy fast way to get to and from both. The only thing that I could come up with was a helicopter. So, I started the process of learning to fly one.

I was blessed to have contacts that widened my flying experience to enable me to fly any type of helicopter, including chinooks. After I received my license, I arranged with the coast guard to use their helicopter to get to and from my boat. Once I had their permission our pack then had to upgrade our observation boat to allow for the helicopter to land on.

As we were upgrading the boat, we decided to make it fully livable so to reduce the impact being on the island, that we had won the tender for, had.

I noticed a growing need around the churches neighborhood for a safe place for kids to come and have fun.
So, I started walking the streets like David had done. This is when I came across Styx.

Styx has been kicked out of a violent, drug using home. I spent time with him detoxing and helped him get his life back on track. I set him up in our teen boy home to help them take the next step of their lives to help the pack. Though Styx was quiet, he supported the pack however he could, as he was grateful for the help. He probably ended up being the biggest help with setting up the youth group.

The minister said that we really needed a youth pastor so, being the head of the pack, back to school I went. It turned out to be harder for me to do this than my PhD's, as they didn't approve of what I believed because of my upbringing and the way I had been taught previously. I had to learn to write what they wanted and not what I thought.

I finally finished and set about training a new person to take over from me in that role, as I had enough to do, but someone needed to be the first to learn and that was me.

Tracey in this time finished her own studies of being a teacher and accountant. Both helped the pack enormously. She finished growing at 24 and met her husband for the first time then. He and she had been travelling in the same circles, doing similar things but had never met, they had only heard of each other. Something just clicked between them and they married not long after.

A/N Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter.