9. Confrontation

Once we had breakfast, I got dressed and dressed my children. Missy came back and we all swarmed her. I got there first and pulled her into a hug and kissed her like I had been waiting to do my whole life since meeting her. Missy returned my kiss, to me it was the best kiss of my life.

I heard coughing from Maree and looked up at her "Don't mind me, just visiting here."

"I'm not" I say and return to kissing Missy enjoying that I can finally kiss her without her rejecting me.

Missy started to wriggle out of my hold protesting " Let me go, Ramone! I need a shower!" I thought that it would be nice to join her, and was about to ask, when she added "No, you can't join me!"

I was disappointed... I didn't even get to ask and I was shot down.

Maree prevented me arguing to join her by grabbing me and saying "Ramone, we need to talk."

Maree, knowing my kids, then put on cartoons for the kids and dragged me out the door.

She sat me down out on the front patio and asked "What do you feel about Missy?"

"I love her, I have always loved her, as soon as I met her I loved her." I answered.

"Doesn't her size bother you?" Maree asked, worried for her friend.

"What size? "I ask, "I don't see a size I see her, her beauty, her smile, her loving, nature..."

Maree shook her head at that smiling. As if to say, that's so corny, you have it bad... boy.

"Ok, final question, what will you do if she becomes wheelchair bound, I am asking this as it is possible with her condition and pain."

"I know, and I would look after her no matter what happens. I had to with my other wife when she was so depressed, she couldn't do anything, I did it all for her."

"What happened between your other wife and you?" Clearly worried that Misty was getting involved with someone suspicious.

"She passed away 6 months ago."

"Oh, I am sorry for your loss," Maree said sympathetically "Are you really sure that you are ready to move on with Missy. "

I look at her and say "Yes, I am, I think that I have been her boyfriend long enough. "

She laughed at that "36 years is a long time, hey?"

I was surprised that she knew. "Yes" I nodded. "How did you know though?"

"Daniel was always teasing Missy about her boyfriend, I didn't understand what he was going on about until just before when I talked to Missy." She replied "Come on, let's get you two sorted with this!"

She then packed up Missy, the kids and I and drove us into the court house, got our paperwork sorted and then a celebrant to marry us at the end of the waiting period. Then she took us all back home to Missy's and left us there.

She said with a cheeky laugh "Be good! Don't do anything that I wouldn't do. "
I wondered about her comment, did that mean we could do stuff or not? I looked at Missy for guidance, by her facial expression it meant that we could....

Missy said "Ramone, we need to tell my children. Nell is home now, let's start there. "

Nell remembered me from the fun day she had as a child. She was happy for her Mum and so was James and Tiernan. When we got to Andrew it was a different story. He didn't know me, and thought that I was only out for her money.

I found that hilarious since I was probably richer than she was. Missy understood his concern and invited him to dinner to meet me. He asked if he could bring someone else with him. Missy agreed not knowing who he was bringing, but thinking it was likely his wife.

Missy and I prepared for the dinner and the kids seemed to entertain themselves happily there. She then had to lay down so I joined her and she ended up curling into me as I held her. I was so thankful that she was allowing me to touch her like this.
.
We put dinner on so that it would be ready to eat when Andrew and someone arrived.

When Andrew arrived, Missy looked shocked to see who was with him. I was introduced to Andrew and Jack. I got the impression that Jack had been rejected at some point in his life by Missy, by how he was questioning me. It was like he was jealous of me... but why? He clearly married.

Missy, at some point, said "Jack, you should have bought your wife too."

Jack went white and said "I can't."

Missy was so angry with him then, and snapped "Yet you feel the need to question my new husband to be after ignoring my request to continue our friendship. That's hardly fair. I know that your wife that you chose was who was meant for you and you can't say otherwise!"

"How do, ahh, what was Jack to you?" Feeling that there was something that I was missing.

"I will tell you later when we are alone." She then looked at her 2 guests "Please excuse me, I need to go." and left to lie down.

Andrew wondered why his Mum was going, I just brushed it off saying that she had a busy day and wasn't feeling too well. I entertained them and we all got on well. My two kids loved Andrew, but I found out later most kids love him.

I then saw them off, got my kids showered and sent to bed, then cleaned up the mess made. It was funny, I thought, I don't seem to mind doing these chores for Missy, when I hated it any time previously.

After I had finished, I snuck into talk with Missy. She accepted that I was going to stay, but wanted me to stay dressed. I told her it wasn't happening love "I have had to sleep this way since becoming a wolf. If you are that worried, I can sleep as a wolf, but I would rather stay as a human thanks."

I quite frankly enjoyed her discomfort at my body as it meant she wanted to do more than she was. I lie down beside her, completely naked and cupped her face.

"Who was Jack to you, love?" I ask.

"Jack was my best friend growing up. He was my first pretend boyfriend to get people off my case about not having one. At that time, I wished that he had wanted me as his actual girlfriend... but it wasn't until we were at Uni that we went out twice for two weeks as boyfriend and girlfriend and I ended it both times because we were only ever meant to be friends. He was also my first kiss that truly meant anything. The last time I had ever heard from him was when he asked me to marry him. I had the God of the universe shouting in my ear "Don't do that, I have someone special for both of you, wait!" So, I turned him down and said that I would if I could but I can't, it would spell disaster for both of us, you know that we are just meant to be friends. Sad thing is if he had changed to 'come with me as a friend' I would have gone. " Missy confessed to me.

"Ahh! Now I understand, don't worry about it, Love" and I kissed her slowly and gently. This left me wanting more but I didn't ask as she wanted us to be married first. I could live with that.

When Maree came, I left the kids with Missy and her and got our things from home. I knew that I would not be back in this house again, so I phoned Tracey to deal with it as I could not go back there again. With leaving that house I left behind the ghost of Victoria.

As the month went on, I fell more and more in love with Missy. She completed me like nothing else had on this earth. Even though we hadn't been together long, it felt like we had been together forever. I appreciated that on Sunday's she took us to church, and soon our whole pack started coming again too.

I had fallen away from my beliefs while I had been with Victoria. I had been doing everything in my own strength, not trusting my God at all. I should have trusted that he would make a way for us, but I hadn't. So, yes, we worked with YWAM and the Salvation Army, but we had lost something vital, our connection to God.

A/N Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter.