10 - not in my dictionary

Jisung had his brows furrowed while his eyes wandered throughout the place.

Hands stuffed in his jean pockets, he eyed every single name plate placed on the grassy field every time they passed to one.

He halted when he saw Ahrin stop and sat on the grass between the three.

Kim Gunho, Kim Leehyun, and Kim Woohee

Hi mom..dad..Hyunie.."

His ears perked up when the girl talked, and a small smile was evident on her face.

He crouched down behind her, nudging her elbow. "Why did you bring me here?"

Ahrin chuckled. "This is Jisung. He's giving me company for this past month. Please whip his ass when he'll bully me, okay?"

The demon scoffed, "Poor girl talking to nothing."

She glared. "Say that again, I dare you."

Jisung just rolled his eyes and plopped on the grass, "Bringing a demon to a holy place, how considerate of you."

Ahrin just ignored his constant grumbling throughout the hour.

Walking out of the cemetery, the girl felt a feathery material grazing on her arm as she shot a look, seeing the familiar pitch black wings.

"What are you doing?"

"You're shaking. I thought you were cold."

Ahrin pouted and sighed in relief, feeling a comfortable warmth when his wings surrounded her side.

"Why can't other people see your wings?"

"Simple. The one whom I connected with is the only one who can see."

"Couldn't you thought you're using powers to hide it from them?"

"Well, that one too."

The girl chuckled and playfully nudged his rib. "I'm amused, huh? I though you'd be burned when you'd step into a holy place."

"There are literally lost souls in that place, stupid. Not all of them are up anyway."

She gasped, "You mean you can see any demons inside?"

"Tch, no, just lost souls."

Her eyes lit up. "Did you see them?"

Jisung looked down on her, confused. "Who?"

"Mom, dad, and my brother, it's their death anniversary today!"

He stared at her for a few seconds before flickering back onto the empty road.

"No"

"Oh, really?" she frowned.

Jisung sighed at her sudden gloomy tone, purposely wrapping his wing around her.

"Hey, I can't see!"

"You should be thankful that their soul is resting above. Do you want them to be souls lingering around?"

Ahrin stopped walking and looked down. "I just wish I could bring them back."

"Well, sorry, sweetie, it can't be." he said, pushing her ahead to walk.

"And I just wish someone would love me like they do."

"Yeah, wish again."

"Oh, then I'll wish for love. Can you do that?"

Jisung immediately stopped and tensed up.

"Ji?"

"That doesn't exist in my dictionary." he quickly answered and walked ahead, leaving her confused.

"What's with him?"