18 - treasure

"Park Jisung" she blew out the candle and was once again engulfed in the darkness of her room.

A tall figure showed up in a few seconds, and the moonlight that freely passed through her transparent glass windows illuminated his face.

He looked ethereal—too magical to even think that such a soul exists.

She swallowed the lump in her throat, wanting to melt when their eyes met.

"J-jisung.. Hey," Ahrin tried her best to sound casual, but her voice betrayed her.

It sounded weak and awfully sad.

The demon heaved a sigh, walking towards her bed and crawling up on her side.

"Why are you in the dark, huh? Should I turn the lights on for you?"

Don't cry

Ahrin firmly chanted in her mind and shook her head. "No."

Jisung just responded with a small OK and pulled her close.

Without further hesitation, she settled on his lap, wrapped her arms around his neck, and placed her head on the crook of his neck.

Jisung froze for a second, not expecting to be in such a position, but eased when her warm breaths hit his skin.

Instead, he held her closer by her waist and placed a soft kiss on her head, slowly rocking her side by side.

Ahrin can't help but be lulled to sleep, minding the time, which is almost 11 p.m.

His soft hums filled her ears, as if he'd been singing her favorite lullaby.

"Please don't go, Jisung." she whispered, completely falling asleep.

Jisung immediately stopped, hearing such words that he felt his dead heart crack.

Does she know?

Tears flowed continuously, biting his lower lip to suppress his sobs and whimpers.

Above all the experiences he had, meeting her was the most wonderful thing he ever did.

She's the greatest treasure he didn't want to lose.

The brightest gem and the light of his darkest life.

He didn't want to go. At least not now.

"I'm sorry, Ahrin." he whispered back.

" he whispered back