11 - closer

Jisung walked through their mini dining area, just located beside the kitchen, his eyes drooping tired.

The other six demons eyed him weirdly, faded dark circles evident under his eyes as he plopped on the vacant seat between the two Chinese.

"Jisung? Why do you look so tired?" Jaemin asked, exceptionally worried about the youngest.

"You look like a zombie, my best dude. You should look like a demon, you know." Chenle annoyingly said with a teasing tone.

The youngest just hissed like a snake and stabbed a piece of fresh meat with a spoon, too tired to even realize that it's a spoon, not a fork.

The older Chinese, who's purely irritated with the actions, yanked the utensil away from his hold and took the position to place two meats on his plate.

"Thank you, hyung." Jisung mumbled almost incoherently and took a bite using his hand.

Not having it, Jeno slammed both hands on the table, causing everyone to jolt, shocked, along with the tired demon, who literally freaked out.

"W-WHAT DID SOMETHING HAPPENED?" he stopped when he met their dumbfounded looks.

Jisung cleared his throat and felt a liquid drop on his chin, wiping it with the back of his hand just to realize it was blood.

"Oh" he then realized, they're in the middle of breakfast.

"Ji, what the hell happened to you?" Mark asked with a sigh.

"Umm game?"

All of them sighed and motioned to eat.

Jisung puffed his cheeks and carefully cut the meat, popping it in his mouth.

"Game? Really?" Chenle whispered.

The younger nodded, and the Chinese just shrugged it off, thinking that it's really games whom he stayed awake for, not the human girl.

"Right, how's the human, Jisung? Have you found the man yet?" Donghyuck asked when he remembered the problem.

"Um, no, but we're searching for him."

"Not to be negative, but we do know there's a certain consequence when a human gets a hold of black magic." Jaemin started.

"Some of them die, while others basically use the first step of selling your soul to a demon." Renjun added.

"That's why we need to find that man. We never know what comes after the candle." Jisung said.

"The summoning candle is what binds Jungwoo hyung and his human. Could the consequence possibly be the same?" Jeno voiced out, earning all the looks.

"No" Jisung butts in, "It shouldn't be." he firmly said.

✖️

A familiar, screaming voice greeted Jisung as he showed up at the alleyway to the girl's house.

Following the direction, his anger immediately rose when he saw one of the familiar bullies holding the girl by the collar.

He was about to slam her against a wall when the demon dashed to their spot, gripping the bully's wrist, and yanked his hold away.

"Oh, you're the boyfriend!"

Jisung scoffed, "You know, I know a demon who has the same name as you two. I strongly believe that you'll meet them when your soul walks into hell."

Ahrin's breath hitched and he tugged at his shirt from behind. "Ji, don't do anything crazy again."

The demon just rolled his eyes and flicked the blue hair's forehead. "You're Jaemin, right? Funny that my demon friend is clearly the opposite of you, yet he was stuck in hell."

"WHO ARE FUCK ARE YOU?" the bully, Jaemin, flung a fist but was swiftly caught by the demon, twisting his arm in the process, making him yell.

"Ji, stop!" Ahrin whispered as she kept tugging on his shirt.

Jisung caught another figure running in his direction with his peripheral vision.

Smirking, he pushed Jaemin away and kicked the other. "And you're Jeno? Gosh, why can I see the human representation of the demons?"

"You're a fucking demon yourself." Jeno said.

"Oh, nice. Jeno hyung likes to cuss too. I'll be telling about their doppelganger later." he grinned and turned to the girl with a raised brow.

"And why are you smiling?"

"You saved me twice." she cheekily said.

Jisung sighed, "Yeah, I did so."

"So, are we officially friends?"

"Ohoi, what a trouble," he scoffed, laughing.

"But we're closer, don't you think?"

Jisung rolled his eyes and dragged her out of the scene.

Once again, he used some ability to knock on the bullies, fainting like before.

"Jisssuuunnggg, why don't you want to be friends when we are clearly friends?"

"We're not"

"Then what are we?"

The demon stopped and thought for awhile.

Yeah, what are we?

"Umm a close acquaintance?"