This Could Be Mine (Griskall P2)

Summary: Grian answered Iskall's question, and they need sleep. Part 2 of mellow-dramatic flangst
MC: Grian, Iskall
Song: Story of My Life by One Direction
Tags/Warnings: Shipping, Courting, Roboticist Grian

-oO0Oo-

Iskall almost gaped at Grian. Regarding him with a gentle gaze of disbelief and hope, he bit his lower lip and held Grian closer. Whilst the bright cherry red sweater was being gripped at, Iskall let out a small laugh.

"G- Grian,' he stuttered, bringing a hand out to hold Grian's chin up to face him, 'is this a joke?" Iskall asked him, but Grian only pulled his face away.

"Skally, I- I wish it was," Grian said, almost muttering. His voice still steady, but for goodness sake, that goddamn smile was still on his face.

A smile that replaced the former smile that he fell for.

"G-man..." Iskall said trying to empathize with what Grian was feeling,

but the blinds were still closed.

"I'm sorry- I just' Grian said, 'I'm scared Isky"

"What do you mean you're scared?"

"I- I'm just not ready. Not after that- Isky, not after that' He uttered, looking back at Iskall and tugging on his arms, 'It hurts"

Iskall's hold on Grian softened, and Grian slowly pulled himself away. Taking a breath in, Grian sighed and stared off into nothing.

His eyes were glazed, and his posture relaxed, almost slumping. Gravity pulling at his body, he shook himself, and looked up at Iskall. Facial features softening.

"And I know that somethings just aren't meant to be- and I know, I know that we could be..." he said.

"But?"

"But, I don't want to be at fault again"

-oO0Oo-

It seems to me that when I die
These words will be written on my stone

-oO0Oo-

Grian huffed out a self-deprecating laugh and turned his head slightly away from Iskall. He tugged on Iskall's wrist signalling him to get off the table, and took a step back.

The faintest sound of a squish was made, overpowered by the sound of clicks and the tap of a footstep. After that, the sound of dropping was heard. The 'thump' resounding the silently somber room.

Iskall, finally off the table, sighed in dismay, and stared at Grian. His posture softening as his shoulders relaxed into a rather downturned motion and his lips turned the tiniest bit up.

"Thank you for being honest with me"

Grian took another step back, taking a glance away from Iskall whilst making the slightest shrugging motion. Almost slipping from the sap stuck to his shoes, Grian caught himself and looked down. Lips tightening, he opened and closed his mouth.

Iskall curiously turned his attention to the floor and found the dandelion squished. He blinked and gave out a chuckle.

"Well, I guess we forgot this" he whispered as his eyes crinkled.