Glassy eyes

(TW: Suicide attempt, stabbing, knifes. Please look for the emoji 🔴)

• Shuichi's PoV •

I must have fell asleep at some point while sitting with Kokichi because I felt my eyes flutter open, my eyes surveying the pitch black landscape. I then realised Kokichi wasn't next to me anymore... I sat up, starting to panic, *anything* could have happened to him! I started walking around, a panicked mess. I broke into light sobs as I kept walking, a little faster now. He was nowhere to be seen. "Kokichi..?" I said quietly, my voice a little raspy from sobs. I then had an idea, why don't I go and check the dorms? He should be there, right? I started walking to the dorms, still crying softly. I suddenly bumped into Maki "Oh hey Shuichi... are you okay?" Maki asked concerned "Y-yeah, I-I just..." I said, wiping to tears off my face "What's wrong?" Maki asked, genuinely concerned "W-Well I fell asleep w-with Kokichi on a bench a-and when I woke up he was gone..." I said in between sobs "Hmm..." Maki said "did you check the dorms?" Maki asked "I-I was on my way there actually.." I replied "Oh okay, do you want me to come with you?" Maki asked. I did want her to came with me, it *was* nighttime after all and I didn't feel like getting jumped.

"Y-Yeah, Maki" I said "Okay then, let's go." She said. We started to walk as I grew more and more anxious. Anxiety growing in my chest, suffocating me...

We reached his room and I reached for the handle, hesitating... I felt a pang of dread. I could open this door and he could be....

"....."

"Shuichi... cmon." Maki said

I sighed and slowly cracked the door open...

And...

Oh god...

No....

Wait.....

🔴
He was on the ground against the wall.. blood splattered the floor, a sharp knife gleamed in the light.

My breath hitched...

My heart stopped...

"....Wh...." I whispered

In an instant I ran to his side, picking his small frame up.

Covered in blood...

I saw the stab wound was in his chest, dangerously close to his lungs. His ribs did their jobs and protected him. I felt his chest rise and fall feebly...

Thank god....

I let out a sigh of relief I didn't know i was holding in and let a few tears fall. Maki ran to my side "Is he okay?" She asked "B-breathing..." I said, holding him close "Cmon, we need to get him medical attention." Maki said pulling me up "Y-yeah." I said, walking out of Kokichi's room, him in my arms. I held him close, trying to keep him alive, tears dropping onto his body. Occasional sobs from me and Maki... she was crying too?

Maki went to go and get Kaito for help while I went to the infirmary with Kokichi.

I laid Kokichi down on a bed and removed his shirt carefully, I saw the stab wound in detail, I shivered and grabbed a towel and started to cover up the wound, disinfecting it first, and then I started applying pressure for five minutes.

Maki and Kaito opened the door and walked in. Kaito yelped as I pulled the towel away "Shuichi." Maki asked "Y-Yes?" "I... Have a bit of medical training." She said "Oh! Why's that Maki-Roll?" Kaito asked "Well, as the Ultimate Child Caregiver I have to know how to take care of them if they get hurt." She said "Oh, that makes sense." I said, stepping back to let her take care of it.