16 - feed

A week passed by, and they literally lived in the same huge house.

Deciding to forget all of the kissing incidents, they got back to their old selves—always bickering, arguing, and fighting over the littlest things.

But today felt different.

Ahrin's confusion and excessive worries rise.

It's been half a day, and Jisung hasn't been showing up.

Running back and forth to her brother's room, which became Jisung's over time, she once again leaned her ear on the door in an attempt to hear something.

And just like any other hour, a faint growl was heard.

"Jisung? Ya, Jisung Park, open up seriously!" she continuously knocked and yelled, but was just responding with a groan.

Not having it, Ahrin sighed and turned to the last resort, which is barging in. She ran back to where the spare keys in every room were placed and looked for Leehyun's.

Unaware of what's happening inside the room, there stood a demon who's fighting over himself.

The excessive need for blood is running through his veins.

Only a whimper of pain resulted in a low growl and groan that escaped his lips.

Once again, he dropped to the bed, his wings folded.

Topless because of the burning heat, eyes in the brightest red in deep hunger—he clutched his hair tight.

"No, no, you shouldn't." he continuously chanted.

Unlucky for him, his senses are at full work.

He can hear every beating of the heart, the fresh blood gushing through every vein, the rush and calm breaths.

He clawed his throat, leaving a deep red mark because of his growing nails.

The doorknob rattled, making his eyes widen.

Ahrin

"Ji–"

"AHRIN DON'T–"

But it was too late.

Ahrin leaped in shock and dropped the keys.

She stood shaking in the opened doorway, her eyes widening.

"Ji.."

"Ahrinargh," he ran away from her sight and crouched down on the other side of the bed, covering his ears.

"AHRIN, GO AWAY!"

"Ji, shit, you haven't fed for a week!"

Oh, how she completely forgot how demons kept intact.

"I'll call Chenle."

"NO!"

"No? But you're hungry!"

"DON'T USE THE CANDLE!" he growled.

Ahrin then sighed, "Ji, you've been restricting me from using the candle for a week!"

"Because that's what you should do!"

The girl whimpered and thought of anything.

Just think of anything, Ahrin—anything related to blood.

"Just go before I lose control over you."

That's it!

She gulped down the fear and ran to his side.

Jisung looked at her in disbelief.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"You're pretty restricting me from doing anything to help you, so shut up."

"AHRIN!?"

She ignored his constant attempt to shoo her away and looked for a sharp thing.

Then her eyes landed on his nails.

She cupped his burning face, lightly hissing on the contact, and smiled.

"I trust you, Jisung."

"W-what.."

Ahrin held his hand and deeply cut her forearm with his nail.

Now her blood was on full display, and Jisung looked at her, bewildered.

"No.."

"Yes, I don't want to lose you." she said, raising her arm near his lips.

Jisung failed to control himself.

He sucked on the wound, counting every drop as a source of water as he filled his hunger.

Truth be told, Ahrin is in immense pain.

The way his fangs dig deeper, the way he hardly sucks.

She felt her body weaken, her energy losing, but she should keep awake.

Her nervous heartbeat brought Jisung back to his mind; his eyes widened as he let go of her arm, yet the blood continued flowing.

"Ahrin.. I-I'm.."

"Shh, I'm okay. I'm" She didn't complete her sentence as her body dropped down.