01. . .her tightrope of love and death

CHAPTER ONEHER TIGHTROPE OF LOVE AND DEATH

CHAPTER ONE
HER TIGHTROPE OF LOVE AND DEATH

   WREN HAD ALWAYS loved to death. It was her way, she only let a minuscule amount of people into her life, and then she loved so much they just seemed to rot. As if her love was a venom no one could concoct, and it killed. The girl didn't trust herself with people, especially her one and only friend, Severine Prime. A Hufflepuff with too big of a heart, and a little amount of care for herself. She was the brightest thing in Wren's hollow, melodramatic life. Everything was a blur for the brunette, all black and white with emotions too big for the girl to comprehend, but Severine had always been there to slow things down.

    Wren was—— for once in her life—— scared. She didn't want to tie the muggle born to all of this, horrid, disturbing fragments of life that was what made her a Stonem. She didn't understand why Severine was still with her, still clinging on even after all the mean things Wren bites out from her tongue, from all the detentions she bore like ruby's along her throat. The brunette carried everything mellow, everything wrong with the world, while the dark skinned girl carried the stars in her ebony eyes and a hope no other witch or wizard had ever possessed. Wren never admired anybody, too proud of her own self to look past her imperfections and pinpoint exactly the person she looked up to. But the girl figured Severine Prime was a role model for her. And, in many ways, a sister.

It had been a few weeks since Wren had arrived at Hogwarts, all of the kids giving her glares when she walked in the hallways, as if she were a scab they couldn't get rid of. And, well, she technically was just that. A wound that never quite healed, and never left your skin, sticking to you, poisoning you until you were nothing left but another person she used as a wizard's chess piece that she could manipulate into getting whatever she wanted. Because, if the Stonem girl was being brutally honest, the only person she had ever cared about was in fact Severine Prime, everyone else just specks in the millions of people that populated this horrendous, broken world.

"I can't believe we have N.E.W.T.S this year! Ugh, I haven't even done the history of magic homework!" Severine cried, the stress that had been getting to her this past week finally overflowing as she complained to her friend. The ebony eyed girl could have been a Ravenclaw, but her too kind of a heart had set her on a different journey.

"I wouldn't worry about it, plus I might not be that. . .great at schooling and such, but I could maybe do some of the work for you, only if you want," Wren offered, a rare, small smile tied onto her face. You had to know the girl's face to see it, but it was there and when Severine noticed it, she immediately smiled back. The academic girl wanted to make sure to always smother the Slytherin in the love she never received since a small child.