Chapter Eight.

"Okay, everyone," Hayley said as she began our Face Time meeting. "We have big things to talk about. First things first-"
"I'm a realist!" Taylor shouted.
She always does that when someone says "First things first".
"Taylor!" Kayla yelled in frustration. "We don't need that!"
"But I'm so fancy!"
"WE ALREADY KNOW!!!!!" all five of us yelled.
"And I'm all about that bass!" Meghan exclaimed.
"We get it!" Hayley rolled her eyes.
"Wait! I have one more! It's a really good one! Can I share it?!"
"Absolutely not, Kayla."
"Taylor's got a blank space, and she'll write your name!"
"That is so funny," Hayley said sarcastically. "Very off topic, however. Let's get back to business. Spring break is coming up, thank goodness. Our only problem is we will be going to L.A. for the music competition. Our parents have reacted to the YouTube video incident, and they are okay with us going to that music competition. You know, the YouTube-Discovered Musicians and Bands Contest. The only person that we haven't heard from about their parents' reaction is Madison. What did your parents say?"
I froze. I would look like a big chicken in front of my friends if I told them I didn't tell my parents because I was too scared. I went ahead and explained my dilemma.
"We understand," Hayley said. "We know your dad would 'kill' you, and I don't mean literally, if you do. We're being good friends here."
I was relieved.
"So," I said changing the subject. "Does anyone know what to bring on our trip to-"
"Madison Danielle Carson!!!!" I heard someone yell. "Open this door!!!! Cancel your chat!!!!"
For a moment, I thought it was A.J. I didn't do anything to him. Then, the voice spoke again.
"I want to teach you a lesson!!!!"
Oh no! It was Dad! I saw him go to the computer room to look up a video on YouTube. He found out! He knows about the video! He busts through the door.
"MADISON!!" He yelled. "YOU DISOBEYED ME!!!!"
I didn't disobey him. A.J. did.
"You are a star on YouTube! I can't believe it! All I wanted you to do is play guitar out on the streets for tips! And what do you do? YOU POST A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE!!!!"
"But I didn't do it! A.J. did!"
"Oh, quit with the excuses!"
"But I'm telling the truth!"
"Shut your dirty little mouth, soldier!"
Oh no! He called me soldier! He only calls people that when he's mad. He calls A.J. that all the time.
"There are mean people in this world you can steal your identity and try to make fun of you. I was trying to protect you from them. But, you wouldn't listen to me! And now, you have to pay for it. You will not hang out with your friends until Summer break. You will not leave the house unless you are with us. No more watching TV or texting. But most of all, you will never play guitar again!"
Then, he grabbed my pink acoustic guitar. He started banging against the wall. It began to break. He's abusing my first guitar! Why on earth is he doing that? Then he grabs my cheap electric guitar. The ugly gray one. He swings it around, and it falls and shatters.
"Stop it!" I cried. "Please stop it!"
No, not my pink electric guitar! Oh wait, that thing is impossible to break!
"Break, you stupid guitar, break!" Dad yelled.
"You can't break it!"
"SHUT UP!!!!!"
He began tearing my music sheets. Then, he stood there, breathing heavily.
"I didn't do it," I mumbled. "It was A.J."
He walked out of my room and slammed the door.
~*~
I continued crying the rest of the night. My broken guitar was no where to be seen. Nor was my music. I stared at my posters of Taylor Swift and 5 Seconds of Summer.
I wonder if they went through the same thing when their parents found out they've become famous, I thought.
I didn't know what to do. I was grounded forever! And now, I can't play guitar. Then, Dad walked into the room, with my pink acoustic guitar covered with glue spots and duct tape.
"I'm so sorry," Dad said. "I didn't realize you were having fun with your band. It didn't look like you had fun playing guitar in that coffee shop last summer. Your fame didn't lead to anything bad, thank goodness. I am proud of you, congrats on all those hits! Since I'm trying to be a good dad, I'm letting you decide what you want to do."
"Invite Taylor Swift over for dinner," I muttered.
"Unfortunately, I can't do that. But, I have one thing to say. We're taking you to that YouTube-Discovered Musicians and Bands Contest!"
My mouth dropped.
"Call up your friends! Go tell A.J. and Daisy! You're going to L.A.!"