Chapter Six.

I got home from church. Thank goodness I'm not in that stupid choir anymore! I did more of an upbeat version of a song, and that was what the director kicked me out for. Well, it's over now. I put on some shorts and a T-shirt and walked outside. It was a perfect day to ride a bike. I went out to the garage and saw Taylor waiting outside.
"Want to come to the park with me?" she asked. "I mean, if it's okay with your parents."
I went inside and asked Mom. Then, I walked back out.
"She said it's okay," I said. "as long as I don't come home with a weird boyfriend!"
I walked out of the garage with my bike. Taylor and I stopped at her house to get her bike. We followed the bike trail to the park, which was crowded with gothic teens and weird people. Suddenly, I noticed a girl wearing a pink sun hat and a flowered sundress playing a guitar. She was sitting on a picnic blanket with another girl playing bass. They waved at us.
"Kayla?" I asked. "And Meghan? Is that really you?"
"Of course it is, Mad Dog!" Taylor exclaimed. "The pink sun hat gives it away!"
"Everyone knows it's me when they see me with a hat on!" Kayla laughed. "What brings you here?"
"It's such a lovely day today!" I said. "Why not spend it by riding a bike?"
"Race you to the playground!" Meghan shouted.
"On what?" I asked.
"Our bikes, duh!"
We started racing out bikes to the playground. Meghan was the first person to get there. After everyone arrived, we went straight to the swing set. A moment later, Kayla's older sister, Rebecca, appeared.
"Come on!" she snapped. "Let's go! Seriously, Kayla! You're fourteen years old, and you're at a playground! Are you ever going to grow up?"
"It doesn't matter!" Kayla retorted. "YOLO, Becky!"
"Oh, shut up! And don't call me Becky! Go get your guitar and you come with me!"
I know Rebecca very well. I remember A.J. tried to ask her out on a date. She slapped him in the face! She had to go to prom with him because her boyfriend dumped her. I seriously do not like her. Unlike Kayla, she is a very mean person who is always taking selfies and posting them on Instagram. Rebecca sings, but she is just as bad as the ones in Fifth Direction. To be honest, she could be one of them! She is gaudy, arrogant, and a terrible singer!
~*~
"A.J.?" I asked as I walked into his room. "Can we talk?"
A.J. hesitated for a moment. Then he turned away.
"Absolutely not!"
I didn't know what to do at this point. Then I came up with something to convince him to talk.
"I saw Rebecca Jackson at the park today!" I exclaimed.
"Oh my gosh, did you?" A.J. shouted. "Is she still in to me? Does the want me to call her? What did she say?"
"Well, she grabbed Kayla by the arm, and she disappeared. I didn't get the chance to talk to her. If I did, I still wouldn't talk to her! Her sister is better!"
"Shut up!"
Then, I changed the subject.
"I know what you have done!" I said. "Admit it! Admit that you have done something wrong!"
"What did I do?"
"You know!"
"I don't know."
"YOU POSTED THAT VIDEO OF MY BAND ON YOUTUBE, YOU MAJOR IDIOT!!!"
"I did?"
"YES YOU DID!!!"
"Maybe one of your friends posted it."
"None of my friends have YouTube accounts!"
Silence hung in the air. I started at A.J.
"Oh fine! You got me! I couldn't resist humiliating you! Anyway, my friends love it! They laughed hysterically!"
I became famous all because stupid A.J. did the worst and maybe the best thing a person could do. Now, the only thing I need now is revenge. But how am I going do that?